? servers

? players online

Squad Revival

• Content Count:  577

Hi I was seeing if I could garner any attention for a new instance of a Squad server. 

In the past, we had ran 3 pretty successful Squad servers that attracted the attention of players outside of our community. This being an area of potential growth leads me to believe that we could bring in a new demographic of members to our community who are interested in the Mil-Sim category of gaming.

My plan would be to spin up a single server that runs Squad's "best maps" that incur the best standards for population growth and seeding purposes, as well as maintaining a player count.

Seeding mode map should be Fallujah Seed v1, HABs wont be necessary as the map is small enough for constant CQB. 

Map rotation would be decided on later need to do more research into what is currently popular but would definitely rotate out older maps for new ones that are added into each patch.

RAAS and Invasion are my two favorite game modes and I would most definitely make a majority of the rotation these in particular. 

Frequent competitions and tournaments could be held. There are many outlets for Steam-Gamers to find new players whether it be via community forums or Discord servers. Squad has a nice advertisement channel that allows representatives to search for new players and promote their servers and or clans. There is lots of success to be found in reaching out to clan representatives, that may not have a server to play on and providing them a server for their members to play on. Clan representatives would be able to post seed requests for their own servers (this had the approval from BD's AFAIK as long as there is a conceptual agreement for a "partnership" between clans) as well as the contribution of reserved server slots for the entire clan. Server pings would be restricted to 2 hours between. 

I would also suggest handing out whitelists to dedicated members being those who consistently help seed the server, rewarding them with a reserved slot. 

• Like 6

• Content Count:  1030

Sounds like a good idea! I, personally, would prefer HLL since I am too stupid to tell who is on my team in Squad but I am aware that thats a personal problem. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2180

On 7/18/2024 at 4:07 PM, Nate. said:

Hi I was seeing if I could garner any attention for a new instance of a Squad server. 

In the past, we had ran 3 pretty successful Squad servers that attracted the attention of players outside of our community. This being an area of potential growth leads me to believe that we could bring in a new demographic of members to our community who are interested in the Mil-Sim category of gaming.

My plan would be to spin up a single server that runs Squad's "best maps" that incur the best standards for population growth and seeding purposes, as well as maintaining a player count.

Seeding mode map should be Fallujah Seed v1, HABs wont be necessary as the map is small enough for constant CQB. 

Map rotation would be decided on later need to do more research into what is currently popular but would definitely rotate out older maps for new ones that are added into each patch.

RAAS and Invasion are my two favorite game modes and I would most definitely make a majority of the rotation these in particular. 

Frequent competitions and tournaments could be held. There are many outlets for Steam-Gamers to find new players whether it be via community forums or Discord servers. Squad has a nice advertisement channel that allows representatives to search for new players and promote their servers and or clans. There is lots of success to be found in reaching out to clan representatives, that may not have a server to play on and providing them a server for their members to play on. Clan representatives would be able to post seed requests for their own servers (this had the approval from BD's AFAIK as long as there is a conceptual agreement for a "partnership" between clans) as well as the contribution of reserved server slots for the entire clan. Server pings would be restricted to 2 hours between. 

I would also suggest handing out whitelists to dedicated members being those who consistently help seed the server, rewarding them with a reserved slot. 

Sorry I've been super busy with work but I need to get back to you on this. Can you DM me in Discord or here how you do the reserved slot list in-game, can you query off of a file or a database or is it all handled in-game by manually adding?

Reply to Thread