? servers

? players online

What's going on with the servers?

• Content Count:  116

There are a few codecs available, there has been a new one lately set to default called sweex. This one should have about the same quality but less bandwidth. Try to add this in the server.cfg:

sv_voicecodec voice_speex //Set the voice codec

sv_voicequality 2 //Quality of voice, 1-5 where 1 is worst and 5 is best. 1 uses least bandwidth, 5 uses most

Also on a side note, every server above 32 players should be 33 tick, most likely will take away some lag too if you set that.

>32 = 33 tick max

• Content Count:  158

Newer servers would definitely help. I mean this is a serious operation and the one thing with gaming servers is that you cannot go cheap. I talked to Haggard about this before, but I think he is sticking with his current provider :(.

• Content Count:  158

Enough with my smart ass comments, in all honesty I think there are a few things that need to happen here to make the servers perform optimally. Take these suggestions as they are and if people don't like them remember, THEY ARE SUGGESTIONS, and will not be happening unless someone else with higher authority (Haggard) approves this.

1. Getting new dedicated servers is a great idea, new hardware will definitely help, however we need to evaluate the amount of servers per boxes we have setup currently. I think we have too many servers and this is only my opinion. We need to either spread the love among more boxes or cut back on the servers we have by picking out the most popular servers and sticking with them. (Why the hell do we have so many L4D servers, that's just dumb).

2. This is just a personal preference, but I HATE Windows boxes. I have never had good experiences with Windows running my game servers. I am a Linux man myself and I think it's the best and most stable platform for running good servers. (Find some body with good Linux knowledge to set this up).

3. A new dedicated server provider is a must. I am not a fan of Wolf Servers. Prices are cheap and that's about it. I would much rather pay more for better quality. Also, let's get off this 10 mbit line and up it to 100mbit please.

That's all I have right now, but it is something to examine. If you don't like it, remember it's just my opinions. If you disagree we can discuss it. I am in vent or PM me.

- bor3d out!

• Content Count:  555

Wow, this is just getting fucking annoying. No offense, but something really needs to be done. Quick. I have a relatively low ping on the two Escape servers, and every single round I will lag out/mess up because of lag at least 15 times.

Reply to Thread