? servers

? players online

I NEEDS HELP NAO!

• Content Count:  1230

Have you done a hardware check? like opening the cabinet and looking inside for anything suspicious?

You're like one of those call in tech support employees that ask you to do the most retarded things instead of getting to the problem. Do you work for one of those companies?

• Content Count:  3440

My questions would be...

What brand HD do you have?

Have you run the manufacturer's diagnositc/repair utility.

For example Hitachi has a util called "Drive Fitness Test"

That will not only tell you if there is a problem but mark bad sectors as bad and skip them so that when you try to use the drive again it won't try to write to failed areas on the drive.

Not saying that it can be fixed..but in about 1/4 of the cases I've seen this work.

Even if you don't have a Hitatchi drive Drive fit test will tell you if there are any problems with the drive itself.

If you have access to another computer and can burn a cd. There is a compilation bootable cd with a ton of hardware diagnostic utilities called "ulitimate boot cd" you might want to check it out. http://www.ubcd4win.com/

• Content Count:  1230

it actually sounds like one of your ram sticks is broken, try takin one out, and swap them over see if that does anything

Why didn't I think of this before?

I was thrown off the scent by a different clue, but this could be it. Nice job :clap:

• Content Count:  3457

Ok i have windows installed again. Finally.. But next is im gonna test the sticks. I know one of them was replaced cos it was a bad one, but maybe now the other one is broken or damaged or whatsoever.. Thanks for the help!

• Content Count:  1443

ramsticks? as far as i know, 0x00000024 NTFS.sys is the error code of a currupt file (NTFS.sys) it is the file contoling the pationing of the HD. i'm not sure where it is placed, but i think it could be overritten with a copy of a new NTFS.sys

anyways good your computer is back up and running

Reply to Thread