? servers

? players online

Xbox 360 Wireless.

• Content Count:  6712

Well, actually, no. The wireless isn't standard because an Ethernet cable is, which there's nothing wrong with.

I guess, but how much does an Ethernet cable cost?? Alot less than $100.

There is something wrong with it though. Wireless can be used anywhere, cabled can be used only close to your router.

I could probably fit my ps3 in my room (where the comp is) if I bought a wall bracket for a New 30" HD TV

But I find it better that I can have my PS3 downstairs on the 40" :thumb:

• Content Count:  6712

I have a cheap Ethernet hub that I've connected my and James's PC up to and my 360. I wouldn't trust wireless anyway, it's horribly unreliable - which is the very reason I have the hub.

I guess so, but wireless is fine for me downstairs, never had a problem. Strangely in my brothers room (which is closer to the router) its alot worse.

• Content Count:  2115

I guess so, but wireless is fine for me downstairs, never had a problem. Strangely in my brothers room (which is closer to the router) its alot worse.

It depends very much. If your Xbox is in the living room downstairs, and there are no obstacles in the way of the router, the signal and quality will be way better than if it would have to go trough several walls to reach the Xbox.

• Content Count:  554

There is a way, I used to hook up my 360 to my laptop.

On your laptop when connected with an ethernet cord you go into "Network connections",

Then go to "Advanced",

Then "Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection"

Then click OK and turn on your 360!

Unless you don't have a laptop....Then this info is useless lol

• Content Count:  4960

I've never used wireless since I put a microwave in my room. Just go with the direct connect because like everyone is saying wireless is unreliable. If you don't have a certain type of router some things will intefere with the signal like it did to my old and outdated Linksys router (I use a Belkin router now)

Edited by Coffee Crisp

• Content Count:  581

There is a way, I used to hook up my 360 to my laptop.

On your laptop when connected with an ethernet cord you go into "Network connections",

Then go to "Advanced",

Then "Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection"

Then click OK and turn on your 360!

Unless you don't have a laptop....Then this info is useless lol

Yup

• Content Count:  6741

P.S. Toxin i live north carolina with a 54 Mbps ineternet

This is the speed that your router transmits data to your computer, not the speed of your internet connection.

Reply to Thread