? servers

? players online

Vista

• Content Count:  3736

Sorry, You're wrong. Havok nailed it.. It depends on the user & use.

I use Vista at home, however at work we could not come up with a valid (business) reason to go to Vista. We have just started putting Vista on new machines. I wouldn't go as far as to say that Vista is just better in every way, but it isn't as bad as a lot of people want to make it out to be either.

so like I said..old comp cant take it..my work doesnt have vista either cause they dont want to waste the money...STILL if your gonna buy a computer that comes with VISTA WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU GO BACK TO XP...it just doesnt make sense..

We are not talking about upgrading here but downgrading....Vista is better why go back..

• Content Count:  3440

so like I said..old comp cant take it..my work doesnt have vista either cause they dont want to waste the money...STILL if your gonna buy a computer that comes with VISTA WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU GO BACK TO XP...it just doesnt make sense..

We are not talking about upgrading here but downgrading....Vista is better why go back..

For about the first year we went back on every machine that we ordered (about 200).

Most of our business/educational utilities including software package auto-installers that were developed/built around XP. Rather than re-create all that work we downgraded to XP unless we could come up with a reason to run Vista.

Like I said.. new hardware doesn't equal "You should run Vista".

However, unless you have a really good reason to downgrade.. Don't.

• Content Count:  4980

Vista is better period..the only reason you find XP easier to use is because youve been using it for longer prolly even the only thing you used since your so young...use vista for a couple weeks you'll get use to it....

I've used vista in a year. More than a year...

Anyways i find XP easier but visat better!

For about the first year we went back on every machine that we ordered (about 200).

Most of our business/educational utilities including software package auto-installers that were developed/built around XP. Rather than re-create all that work we downgraded to XP unless we could come up with a reason to run Vista.

Like I said.. new hardware doesn't equal "You should run Vista".

However, unless you have a really good reason to downgrade.. Don't.

your right on that but how long ago was it and with what kind of machine...

because when vista first came out...they were still selling comps with 512mb of ram...and that doesnt work to well...

But if Virde is gonna game with it.. 2 or 3 gigs fairly accessible for not to much money..

With the latest service pack Vista is a friendly, compatible, and working OS so why not use it..

Like you said if not real reason to downgrade then dont...

• Content Count:  2051

I have Vista Ultimate 64-bit installed for 4-6 months now, I've had 0 problems with it, no compatibility issues, and tbh I prefer it over XP. The majority of people saying Vista sucks are the ones who either, has a out of date piece of shit PC; tried it when it first came out, or has a bootlegged version which does not allow updates. XP was the same way when it came out, a lot said it sucked, after a few updates and tweaks, it runs perfectly now. Quit hopping on the bandwagon of, "I hate Vista cause everyone else seems to hate it" and actually try the up-to-date (including your run down piece of shit pcs) version out right now, then come back and give an opinion.

Not to be an ass, but the majority here are complaining about compatibility issues and lag issues, when I have experienced neither of these since the SP1 update fixed the compatibility issues and since I have 4096 MB of ram to make up for the extra 500 MB Vista takes.

(Basically the same as Trakaill's post)

I have Vista Ultimate 64-bit installed for 4-6 months now, I've had 0 problems with it, no compatibility issues, and tbh I prefer it over XP. The majority of people saying Vista sucks are the ones who either, has a out of date piece of shit PC; tried it when it first came out, or has a bootlegged version which does not allow updates. XP was the same way when it came out, a lot said it sucked, after a few updates and tweaks, it runs perfectly now. Quit hopping on the bandwagon of, "I hate Vista cause everyone else seems to hate it" and actually try the up-to-date (including your run down piece of shit pcs) version out right now, then come back and give an opinion.

Not to be an ass, but the majority here are complaining about compatibility issues and lag issues, when I have experienced neither of these since the SP1 update fixed the compatibility issues and since I have 4096 MB of ram to make up for the extra 500 MB Vista takes.

(Basically the same as Trakaill's post)

QFT

I've run Vista Ult 64 on my home computer for about 7 months now and at work for about 1 year w/out problems. But we still haven't adopted it for all machines. We are upgrading as we purchase new machines but not migrating existing machines to Vista.

WHY THE FUCK would you switch to Vista if you had XP

you fail as usual...

QFT

I've run Vista Ult 64 on my home computer for about 7 months now and at work for about 1 year w/out problems. But we still haven't adopted it for all machines. We are upgrading as we purchase new machines but not migrating existing machines to Vista.

So you agree with me but you contradicted my post >.

So we came to the conclusion that wista was indeed better right?? :smile:

So Jazzman you have your answer !!

you fail as usual...

So you agree with me but you contradicted my post >.

So we came to the conclusion that wista was indeed better right?? :smile:

So Jazzman you have your answer !!

I never said it was better or worse. Just that it depends on your needs & hardware.

I do agree that there are a ton of haters that have either had a bad experience due to low hardware or early adopter problems.

Edited by Itch

Reply to Thread