? servers

? players online

Strange use of Ram on L4D.

• Content Count:  167

You do have a grafics card dont you..cause if your using the graphic media accelerator from your MB it might screw things up and using more ressouces..

Cause obez is just buying his first GC so Im just wondering..

QFT. If you are using a laptop that has integrated and not discrete graphics, its going to put a whole lot more pressure on your CPU and Memory.

• Content Count:  6712

QFT. If you are using a laptop that has integrated and not discrete graphics, its going to put a whole lot more pressure on your CPU and Memory.

I don't have a laptop.

I don't know what was graphics card is, whether its integrated or not.

I don't know wtf that is TCP.

wtf is a graphic media accelerator and what is "MB".

I've really never had any interest in the technical side of computers, until I need to know it.

If you really want to you can use this, you don't have to though:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_everest_home/

It's a program designed to create a report of your system specs. If you install that, run a quick report, and then just paste the summary section only in a reply (should be like the first 40 lines or so), we will all have a better idea of your basic specs and might be able to offer you a little bit better advice.

I would recommend updating your videocard drivers, but you would need to know what videocard you have in order to do that. And lower the settings in L4D, such as a lower screen resolution or lower quality graphics. That should help.

And a graphics accelerator is something a lot of laptops have that attempt to make games run faster, but its not nearly as good as a video card and can strain your CPU. It's essentially a software version of a videocard (which is hardware). And MB stands for motherboard.

Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition

OS Service Pack Service Pack 2

DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Computer Name D7WHHQ2J (Lolz I r pro)

User Name Lux0r

Motherboard:

CPU Type Unknown, 2600 MHz

Motherboard Name Unknown

Motherboard Chipset Unknown

System Memory 2048 MB

BIOS Type Award (12/09/06)

Display:

Video Adapter Radeon X1300/X1550 Series Secondary (256 MB)

Video Adapter Radeon X1300/X1550 Series (256 MB)

Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (641806AQ0BUS)

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter SigmaTel Audio

Storage:

IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Disk Drive ST3160812AS (149 GB, IDE)

Disk Drive TEAC USB HS-CF Card USB Device

Disk Drive TEAC USB HS-xD/SM USB Device

Disk Drive TEAC USB HS-MS Card USB Device

Disk Drive TEAC USB HS-SD Card USB Device

Disk Drive ST3160812AS (149 GB, IDE)

Optical Drive TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653A

SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:

C: (NTFS) 147769 MB (26268 MB free)

D: (NTFS) 152586 MB (151244 MB free)

Total Size 293.3 GB (173.4 GB free)

Input:

Keyboard HID Keyboard Device

Mouse HID-compliant mouse

Network:

Network Adapter Belkin 54g Wireless USB Network Adapter (192.168.0.4)

Network Adapter Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller

Network Adapter Hamachi Network Interface (5.137.90.22)

Peripherals:

Printer EPSON Stylus CX3600 Series

Printer Fax

Printer Macromedia FlashPaper

Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer

USB1 Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller [NoDB]

USB2 Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]

USB Device Belkin 54g Wireless USB Network Adapter

USB Device Generic USB Hub

USB Device USB Composite Device

USB Device USB Human Interface Device

USB Device USB Mass Storage Device

Your videocard came out in 2005, so as far as videocards go, its very outdated and probably the most likely source of your slow downs and your computers overrealiance on RAM. Both your CPU and RAM seem to be on par with decent gaming levels. You can try updating the drivers for you videocard by going to ATI's website, going in the support/download section, and downloading the most recent drivers for your specific video card and OS. You have to be careful not to screw up and pick the wrong one, but as long as you don't just click willy-nilly, you should be alright.

Btw, your video card is a Video Adapter Radeon X1300/X1550 Series Secondary (256 MB). I can't compare the specs to other cards right now, but it was compared to a nVidia Geforce 6300, so I can't imagine its made for modern games.

Edited by Smallsasaurus

Tom's Hardware - Benchmark Doom 3

Click the link for a full comparison of FPS on a couple of games, but I compared you card to the 8800GT and the ATI 3850, both of which are fairly average cards for around $100 now, and your card really struggles, and that was with me assuming you have the highest model X1300 possible.

These scores are in order of 8800GT, 3850, and X1300:

3D Benchmark Scores: 6023.00 5389.00 1733.00

FPS in Obilivion 32.80 24.30 7.50

so, about 1/4 to 1/3 of what I would consider average nowadays.

I hope I'm helping and not completely overloading you with info.

• Content Count:  3736

You motherboard is unknown on the report...I dont know how old it is but make sure its compatible if your gonna buy a new videocard..

Your CPU type is also unknown do you know if its dual core or and older model..but I hope its not an older one other wise its really slow..

You motherboard is unknown on the report...I dont know how old it is but make sure its compatible if your gonna buy a new videocard..

Your CPU type is also unknown do you know if its dual core or and older model..but I hope its not an older one other wise its really slow..

Its an AMD Dual Core if that helps, and my computer is 1 or 2 years old, I forgot!

TBH, my computer has been fine on all games other than this on high specs. I'm not really going to buy a new card, I'm not that serious about quality of gaming, although not being able to play is a problem. Unlike some I wouldn't say "For Christmas I want a GRAPHICS card" It just sounds stupid to me, especially when it costs over £100.

• Content Count:  1839

over 100 (pounds)? how the fuck? you can get a card better than mine for less than 100 (DOLLARS)

i have an 8600gt that i oc'd myself and i can max l4d w/ 4x AA no problems, and that card is way under 100 (DOLLARS) now.

• Content Count:  3736

I have a 8600GTS factory overclocked.."old" but works fine..I can play CSS maxed out and L4D pretty much the same..I bought it for 100 at the time..you should be able to get it for cheap..but I dont think your MB would take it if its 2 yrs old..I think yours would have a PCI port and the new generation car are PCI express..Smause correct me if im wrong :) but my old radeo didnt go im my last comp!

Reply to Thread