? servers

? players online

Strange use of Ram on L4D.

• Content Count:  1839

I have a 8600GTS factory overclocked.."old" but works fine..I can play CSS maxed out and L4D pretty much the same..I bought it for 100 at the time..you should be able to get it for cheap..but I dont think your MB would take it if its 2 yrs old..I think yours would have a PCI port and the new generation car are PCI express..Smause correct me if im wrong :) but my old radeo didnt go im my last comp!

I'll correct you. computers have had PCI-e for over 4 years now. And PCI-e 2 is backwards compatible.

• Content Count:  6712

With the computer I had before hand which would now be about 7 years old I bought a new graphics card about 2 years ago and it worked at the start but for some reason stopped, although it might of been because it was too big to fit in I can't remember.

Yeah so....bumped this because its still happening :sad:

EVERYTHING is on the lowest settings. Some nice 600x400 (or similiar) screen res and minimal graining so....looks like half life 1 or something.

crashmsg.jpg

Yet this always comes up and crashes my L4D >:|

Is it because I've set high CPU priority to L4D? I thought this would help the situation but, maybe its doing the opposite?

Well Empire Total War works fine and that obviously has better graphics so seems strange to me...

Never had a problem like this before (except on l4d)....and Daze no point buying more ram just for l4d when I already got 2gb on xp.

Reply to Thread