• Content Count:  678

And it can't play a 2.4GHz game?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

There is nothing else running while I play css

It fucking just lagged typing this god damn post

FFS WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS PILE OF FUCKING JUNK

As you can tell this is making me mildly pissed off

Any help you could give would be welcomed ^^

If you can respond before I chuck this shit out the window I'd greatly like it ^.^

Axel's specs

Processor : 3.06GHz

RAM : 1 GB

Directx : 9

GFX : nVidia GeForce 7300

Recommended css spec

Processor : 2 point fucking 4

RAM : 512 MB

Directx : 9

GFX : Something really shit

Edited by Axel

• Content Count:  2115

Thats not fast at all Axel, your computer is more like the lower average computer. I got 2gb ram with 3.0 ghz and still lagg out. It also depends on like what is going on ingame like the map's size and content.

Thats not fast at all Axel, your computer is more like the lower average computer. I got 2gb ram with 3.0 ghz and still lagg out. It also depends on like what is going on ingame like the map's size and content.

@ Toxin - read the recommended requirements, that is what is needed to play css. I exceed ALL of them. It used to run fine FYI.

@ Dracula - done that before. I formatted my PC, re-installed and it still lags.

• Content Count:  167

1 GB of Ram is balls. If you have a laptop it costs $20 to upgrade to 2GB and if you have a desktop it might be $30. Upgrading to 4GB probably wouldn't even cost more then $60. And it's worth it. That should help if you are looking to upgrade.

Your videocard is alright, but a little outdated and kind of low end. Anything nVidia lower then GeForce X600 (X being any number in any series) wasn't made for video games, and really isn't all that good.

As for immediate fixes, lower you gaming setting/screen resolution. And just because you meet the requirements or recommendations doesn't guarantee it'll run well, just that it'll run. Trying running Vista with required specs and I bet it's slow as hell.

I don't know if my MB can support higher RAM

Does you motherboard need to be good in order to hold more than 3 GB?

I have 1 GB atm so it is 512 MB per stick thing

Where can I get 1 GB ram stick and a 2 GB ram stick

So I can have 3 GB

Since I run 32-bit I know I can only access 3.5 GB ram anyway

• Content Count:  167

Most motherboards can handle 2 easy. If you're computer is even moderately new, it should be able to handle 3 as well. Just search google for your computer's specs and see what it says. And you can get RAM at just about any serious electronic store or just order it online at Amazon or Newegg.

• Content Count:  4123

I noticed servers experiencing bad lag way earlier tonite so it's possible that's what was happening.

Tip:

Putting these in console may help.

Rate 25000

Cl_updaterate 101

CL_cmdrate 100

• Content Count:  2645

RAM : 1 GB

Just because it recommends the minimum of 512, it doesn't mean it's GUARANTEED to be at least playable, you will probably need more than 1 gig. Remember: background apps can hog up your ram and cause bottlenecking etc. I would personally go with more ram, your processor is absolutey fine.

Reply to Thread