? servers

? players online

Need help with Crosshair

• Content Count:  4473

Increase your cl_crosshairalpha (I think that's what it is) number or some other crosshair related console jargon

Otherwise I'd recommend deleting the config.cfg file. That should set things back to default, but then you'd have to set everything up again.

Weird problem to have...unless you used a HACK! ZOMFGZORS!!!111!!!11!!!1!

j/k

Weird problem

• Content Count:  660

i use to get that problem..but id just mess with the settings of it such as using cl_crosshairscale 9999 or checking and uncheckin the translucent box, and it would come back eventualy

• Content Count:  104

You probably don't have any plugins, skins, or scripts, but if you do, you might want to see into them.

Check your autoexec.cfg file. There might be a command line there that is setting your crosshair automatically.

If nothing works and it REALLY is bugging you... reinstall?

• Content Count:  1910

Increase your cl_crosshairalpha (I think that's what it is) number or some other crosshair related console jargon

Otherwise I'd recommend deleting the config.cfg file. That should set things back to default, but then you'd have to set everything up again.

Weird problem to have...unless you used a HACK! ZOMFGZORS!!!111!!!11!!!1!

j/k

Weird problem

cl_crosshairalpha does nothing..and I never will/have use and form of a cheat. Ill try deleting ocnfig...I have all my binds saved in a document...

EDIT: deleted config.cfg and nothing happened...

i use to get that problem..but id just mess with the settings of it such as using cl_crosshairscale 9999 or checking and uncheckin the translucent box, and it would come back eventualy

Doesn't work

cl_crosshair 1

Unknown command

You probably don't have any plugins, skins, or scripts, but if you do, you might want to see into them.

Check your autoexec.cfg file. There might be a command line there that is setting your crosshair automatically.

If nothing works and it REALLY is bugging you... reinstall?

I don't have a autoexec.cfg????

HERE IS MY OPTIONS MENU, MATCH IT WITH URS

Edited by SneakySnake

• Content Count:  3299

alright ive got some help for you sneaky, my friend had the same problem and this worked for him too

Ok first thing i want you to try is deleting the config.cfg in steamsteamapps\*username*\Counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg. and try starting up css and see if you can see the crosshair

Now if that doesnt work then the next thing your gonna wanna do is try out these commands in the consol, these are the original css settings for the crosshair:

crosshair "1"

cl_crosshaircolor "0"

cl_dynamiccrosshair "1"

cl_scalecrosshair "1"

cl_crosshairscale "2000"

cl_crosshairalpha "200"

cl_crosshairusealpha "0"

now if doing that fixes the problem what your gonna wanna do is make an autoexec.cfg and if you don't know how to make one just look it up in google and then just put the commands i wrote above and put them in the autoexec and save it. Hope this helps sneaky

i personally use these settings, helps me be ALOT more accurate and makes the crosshair easier to see

in my opinion:

crosshair *1*

cl_crosshaircolor "4"

cl_dynamiccrosshair "1"

cl_scalecrosshair "1"

cl_crosshairscale "8600"

Cl_crosshairalpha "9999:

cl_crosshairusealpha "1"

I HIGHLY!!!! recomend you try using my settings, this is what it looks like with my settings

cssscreen.tif

Edited by ManiacJak

Reply to Thread