? servers

? players online

In Search Of New Desktop Advice/Suggestions

• Content Count:  2427

Title really says it all, I'm hoping to buy a new desktop for all my Gaming / Miscellaneous necessities for my B-day. Here's a few things I can tell you I want on it for sure, any and all other advice would be appreciated.

Price Range: $1,000-1,400/1,500

Provider: Dell (If not, any other suggestions?)

Monitor: anything from 18"-22"

Hard Drive: A decent GB amount

If you have any constructive advice that you would like to share, feel free to give me your thoughts.

Thanks guys.

• Content Count:  2833

Yah you should do that instead you will save money and get a much better computer then anything Dell sells. And if you don't know how to build a computer i believe there is a site where you pic out the parts you want and they build it for you and ship it to you.

• Content Count:  4960

The acer x213w is a very sexy monitor that I'm currently using right now so I recommend it. I've never had any problems with it, and it was a clean plug in and play setup.

As for the provider, I don't recommend Dell. It's not even funny how much problems there is with it. I think it's much better to do a complete build from scratch with a good cheap case. From there you'll have much more choices on parts regarding room. I was stupid enough to buy a computer case where finding a PSU that fits is impossible.

Seagate makes great hard drives and if you really want things modern you should pick up something that has a minimum of 400GB.

• Content Count:  6559

If you're willing do build your own you'll get dozens of suggestions from us. You could also check out newegg's public wishlists where people put their own builds up.

Yeah, building it is definitely my main option.

Like I said any suggestions that are within price range (keeping in mind I need to buy other parts) would be good to see.

If you come across something that looks like a good idea, by all means, post a link up and I'll have a look-see. My birthday is in late July but I really would like to get a head start on my options.

Ironically getting head start when it comes to building a PC isn't always the best idea because of falling prices/new technology.

This is true, I do notice falling/higher product price as time goes on. I guess it was a somewhat dumb idea to already start looking for possibilities 3 months prior to my birthday (July 24th).

Take in mind though, I've been gaming on a laptop for the past 2 years so I'm still new to building my own Desktop and what spec's would show good results.

Anyways, on another note, my laptop lately has been having "heating up" issues. This is noticeably shown a lot in the spring/summer time because of the outside temperature. I'm not sure if there's a way I can get my laptop from heating up to an extent where I'm getting 20-30 Fps in-game within 20 minutes of playing. Any advice on that would be appreciated as well.

As for the desktop, I'm going to leave this thread as is for any possible suggestions from viewers who have any thoughts on future parts I should keep in mind. I'll keep you informed if I find anything myself and if you guys think it would be a good buy. So feel free to leave any advice here as stated meanwhile.

Reply to Thread