? servers

? players online

In Search Of New Desktop Advice/Suggestions

• Content Count:  4960

Fails fans, covered fan holes, = heat builds up = lower preformance

Using it on beds, anything that is warm of surface will just build up heat. If you want to play your laptop play it on a smooth metal or wood surface.

• Content Count:  6559

It's a lot easier to build PCs now. I had been using the same laptop for 3 years up until last year when I finally built a desktop.

Especially when it comes to the hard drives. SATA is so much simpler, no more retarded slave/master etc, just plug n play.

• Content Count:  1141

Using it on beds, anything that is warm of surface will just build up heat. If you want to play your laptop play it on a smooth metal or wood surface.

So thats why I suck when I play CSS in bed...

• Content Count:  2427

Problem fixed, I took some dust-off to it's ass and dust came out like confetti after the superbowl.

I now have a fan running on it and a crossdraft of wind from my 4 bedroom windows. So that should solve the rapid heat issue.

• Content Count:  6084

Ironically getting head start when it comes to building a PC isn't always the best idea because of falling prices/new technology.

Indeed, buy it all in one go, in case something ships bricked and needs to be RMA'd.

• Content Count:  513

This is true, I do notice falling/higher product price as time goes on. I guess it was a somewhat dumb idea to already start looking for possibilities 3 months prior to my birthday (July 24th).

Take in mind though, I've been gaming on a laptop for the past 2 years so I'm still new to building my own Desktop and what spec's would show good results.

Anyways, on another note, my laptop lately has been having "heating up" issues. This is noticeably shown a lot in the spring/summer time because of the outside temperature. I'm not sure if there's a way I can get my laptop from heating up to an extent where I'm getting 20-30 Fps in-game within 20 minutes of playing. Any advice on that would be appreciated as well.

As for the desktop, I'm going to leave this thread as is for any possible suggestions from viewers who have any thoughts on future parts I should keep in mind. I'll keep you informed if I find anything myself and if you guys think it would be a good buy. So feel free to leave any advice here as stated meanwhile.

Sorry for being completely off topic but we share the same birthday :biggrin1: and ironically enough, yesterday, I was discussing with Astrum and Thomas on how to build a desktop. They both gave great advice.

As for your laptop overheating issues, although you temporarily fixed it, I recommend getting a notebook cooler. They do wonders. http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Notebook-Cooler-USB-Powered/dp/B0000BVYTV/ref=pd_cp_e_1?pf_rd_p=413863501&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000NWIOM6&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1NZMY85NJSWG1VV1MNEQ

• Content Count:  2427

;193210']Sorry for being completely off topic but we share the same birthday :biggrin1: and ironically enough, yesterday, I was discussing with Astrum and Thomas on how to build a desktop. They both gave great advice.

As for your laptop overheating issues, although you temporarily fixed it, I recommend getting a notebook cooler. They do wonders. http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Notebook-Cooler-USB-Powered/dp/B0000BVYTV/ref=pd_cp_e_1?pf_rd_p=413863501&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000NWIOM6&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1NZMY85NJSWG1VV1MNEQ

Lol, didn't even see this post before Andre told me we had the same Birthday and I had Pm'd you.

I'll look into the notebook cooler, thanks a bunch.

• Content Count:  2959

Price Range: $1,000-1,400/1,500

Provider: Dell (If not, any other suggestions?)

Monitor: anything from 18"-22"

Hard Drive: A decent GB amount

If you have any constructive advice that you would like to share, feel free to give me your thoughts.

Thanks guys.

How does 6-12gb of ram, a Core i7 (nehalem) quadcore, a GTX 285, and a terabyte (1024 gigabytes) of hard drive space all in a SMEXAY case and with a heatsink that'll keep you from ever overheating sound? What if I told you that without the monitor all of that would probably cost right around $1200?

Build your own with parts off of newegg.

Reply to Thread