? servers

? players online

Seeking improvement.

• Content Count:  2959

guys if all he's playing is source, i think recommending a gtx 2xx series is supreme overkill. my 8800gtx runs pretty much any game beyond like crysis at max everything still after a mild overclock.

Dude it's $150-$170 for a GTX 260 core 216 and if he gets one from EVGA* he can wait 3 months and step up to the 275 for $0 when the price inevitably drops.

*EVGA, BFG-tech, XFX. Lifetime warranties, 24/7 live tech support. Don't ever buy nvidia cards from anyone but them, it's worth the extra $10.

• Content Count:  1839

By the end of 2010 that won't be the case seeing how DX11 is being developed. At least with the 200 series he'll last for a couple years, even a 9800GTX alone would be fine till about 2011.

why does this matter? dx10 never went fucking anywhere. i'm not saying the same thing will happen to 11, but dx11 "coming out" in 2011 does NOT mean that in 2011 there will be games worth 2 shits for buying a video card over.

• Content Count:  4960

why does this matter? dx10 never went fucking anywhere. i'm not saying the same thing will happen to 11, but dx11 "coming out" in 2011 does NOT mean that in 2011 there will be games worth 2 shits for buying a video card over.

My main point was the cards lasting the next generation. It's not all about DX11, that was just one point. Who said DX10 didn't go anywhere? DX10 is much more flexible. It hasn't gotten much of a visual improvement but more of a flexibility improvement. There's no point in buying a card if it's going to be shelfed the next year and you'll be forced to buy a new one. The 8800 is nearing it's three years age. Technology is developing much more faster. Two to three years and NVIDIA is already up two series now.

Edited by Coffee Crisp

• Content Count:  2959

That's partially because they keep renaming their old cards and selling them as the new cards. The GTS 250 is basically 9800 with a new heatsink.

• Content Count:  2750

If its for css get a config, i got 30 fps constant before i started using the config, now i get around 110, it may look weird at first and you cant see skins in zm which sucks but its alot easier to hit their heads :d

if you wanna check it out look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyXwDwRNPAc

No, I get a very good FPS on CSS with my settings. (My monitor is 1680x1050, I think)

Thanks for the advice Shadow, Ill probably wait the time and get the 275, by then Ill have enough money for the upgrades I need.

• Content Count:  2750

Recommended: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better

You Have: 2 processors running - Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz PASS

CPU Speed

Recommended: 2.4 GHz

You Have: 2.19 GHz Performance Rated at 4.28 GHz PASS

System RAM

Recommended: 512 MB

You Have: 3.2 GB PASS

Operating System

Recommended: Windows 2000/XP

You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 32600) PASS

Video Card

Recommended: 128 MB DX9 Compliant with PS 2.0 support

You Have: ATI Radeon HD 2400 (ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x94C3)) PASS

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 256 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)

Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6912 FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.

DirectX Version

Recommended: 9.0c

You Have: 9.0c PASS

Sound Card

Recommended: Yes

You Have: SoundMAX HD Audio PASS

Sound Card Driver Version

Your driver version number is: 1.0 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.

Free Disk Space

Recommended: 2 GB

You Have: 116.4 GB PASS

CD

Recommended: Yes

You Have: PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16A6S PASS, but the Speed could NOT

Those are my specs, from a test to see if I could run killing floor.

Reply to Thread