? servers

? players online

need help

• Content Count:  436

im going to try to build a gaming computer out of my parents old pc tower... everything on it is WIPED so you cant do anything(not even turn on really...). should i get xp?(im cheap) and what should i put in it?

Edited by sneezing panda

• Content Count:  123

XP, BUT if you want DX10 (which looks much nicer than DX9), get vista. Vista may be buggy, but if you get enough RAM, it won't bother you as much. Besides the fact that it has major compatibility issue, vista is ok.

• Content Count:  1839

Xp is still by far the best gaming OS. Esp since it doesnt look like Win7 will have hardware sound either.

vista and 7 both have hardware sound. they just dont use the flawed direct sound anymore (you know, since they made drivers in a completely different architecture?)

ALchemy is still hardware sound, it just transfers it through a different API to go to your speakers.

XP, BUT if you want DX10 (which looks much nicer than DX9), get vista. Vista may be buggy, but if you get enough RAM, it won't bother you as much. Besides the fact that it has major compatibility issue, vista is ok.

"vista may be buggy" uh... what? I've been using vista for over 2 years now and i've never had a blue screen or any form of system lockup.

And unless you're using some super-obscure and/or super old program, there's not even a slight compatibility issue.

Reply to Thread