Seeking larger, better formatted case.

• Content Count:  6084

I currently have an Antec 900

Specs

MOBO: Asus PK53 Deluxe

GPU: Radeon HD 4870

PSU: Corsair 650W Active

Stock fan for my Q9550 CPU

While this all fits in alright, with the exception of the annoyingly large number of wires my active power supply has running through out it, I'm unsatisfied because I wanted to Crossfire with a second 4870 card, but because of how the PSU is on the bottom of the case, and how the MOBO mounts, it leaves less than 1/2 in. of clearance between the card's fans and the PSU fans, and its just really a poor set up in my opinion.

Any suggestions on any Antec or higher quality cases out there that allow for top mounting PSUs, or reverse mounting MOBOS even (having all the I/O ports on the bottom instead)?

Price range is up to $200. I'm looking on Newegg currently, but I haven't found any that I consider appealing yet.

• Content Count:  1839

that's one of my issues looking forward to a 1200. It looks like most of the higher quality cases require bottom mounted PSUs, which is annoying because i'll either have to buy a different psu with a top fan or just not care about the psu working harder blowing its fan into steel.

but in all honesty, i'll look for ya, and if you do find you a better case i'd appreciate a nice offer on that case when you've no use of it :p

Edited by Wrathek

• Content Count:  3440

I have a decent (not the greatest) Antec modular PSU that is front and rear fan (with temp controlled throttle).

I do however agree that it is annoying to have the motherboard power connections at the very top with the PSU on the bottom.

I have a decent (not the greatest) Antec modular PSU that is front and rear fan (with temp controlled throttle).

I do however agree that it is annoying to have the motherboard power connections at the very top with the PSU on the bottom.

I'm looking at the Antec modular PSUs now, alot have rear fans which is interesting, but they're expensive as hell.

• Content Count:  1839

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119077 this is about the only decent looking one i found that had a top-mounted psu.

and I'll go looking for modular psus for you.

EDIT:

These look like the best deals in your range (i ALWAYS recommend corsair psus.)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139002

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139001

Edited by Wrathek

I've got a very nice Corsair 650W, and out of curiousity how much would 2X4870s a 775 socket MOBO, and 8GB RAM, plus a HDD need? I am concerned that 650W wouldn't be enough.

Also I'm only looking for rear-facing fans now that exhaust outside of the case.

650W is laughably more than enough. unless you're going into 3x graphics cards + 4x hdds, you dont need anywhere near 700+ W.

Figures, I started reading into web pages that explained how to measure the proper amount of voltage and wattage for pieces parts in a PC but went beyond me pretty fast.

Reply to Thread