? servers

? players online

Seeking larger, better formatted case.

• Content Count:  1839

also, it looks like alot of Thermaltake power supplies have rear exhaust + a top exhaust fan, which is better than bottom for your purposes i guess.

edit:

also i did a simple calculation on a site to ease your mind, and with 6x 120mm led fans, 1 sata hdd, 2x 4870s, 1x pci card, 4 ram slots, 100% cpu load, 100% everything else load, 6x usb devices, etc etc only required ~548W

Edited by Wrathek

• Content Count:  6084

also, it looks like alot of Thermaltake power supplies have rear exhaust + a top exhaust fan, which is better than bottom for your purposes i guess.

edit:

also i did a simple calculation on a site to ease your mind, and with 6x 120mm led fans, 1 sata hdd, 2x 4870s, 1x pci card, 4 ram slots, 100% cpu load, 100% everything else load, 6x usb devices, etc etc only required ~548W

url?

• Content Count:  2959

Brands to trust are PC Power and Cooling, Seasonic (who USED to OEM the antecs you likely once trusted), Powerstone, and Corsair is the one almost everyone buys because frankly they're quite simply the best thing on the market because of their amazing toughness and price.

Wrathek's mostly right on the power requirements too. The trick to powersupplies (aside from reading jonnyguru's reviews) is not the wattage but how many amps you get on the 12v rail. For crossfired 4870's I'd suggest not worrying about the amps on the 12v rails since any corsair (modular) from the $130 before rebate 520hx on up should be able to give you plenty considering that they usually have 3+ 12v rails at 18a each.

Also for cases it's all up to what size you want. If you can take the massive e-penis boosting size and almost equally massive price of a fulltower I'd say go for the Cooler Master Stacker series. It's basically the last case you'll ever buy since you'll just want to swap your primary computer into it every time you upgrade. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=40000007&Description=stacker&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&Order=PRICE

• Content Count:  1839

next psu im gonna get will be one of the corsairs with a single 12v rail with 60+ Amps, for the bedrock stability. The stackers are nice but they just lack the eye candy i personally like in a case. the 900/1200 are beautiful cases with disturbing (in a good way) amounts of airflow.

also, what i plan to do when i get a 1200, and maybe you should, is invest in a "hole saw". there's several vids of the 900 especially of people using a hole saw to drill ~1" holes into the case for cable management. (Running cables behind the mobo tray/away from view as much as possible, look at the last page of the post your build for my example w/o any holes drilled, only like 3 cables that are in view for the most part)

and if you go the hole saw route, id suggest getting some of this

http://www.mnpctech.com/UChannel.html

to keep the cables from tearing etc.

but yes, if you want a "larger" case, a full tower would be your best bet, you would have plenty of space, which is why i want one :p

Edited by Wrathek

Yeah, I've been considering that too.

Also, saw a crazy ass case by Lian Li

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112217

and this one is my dream case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112174

if price were not an issue, would you suggest it? it has airflow to match an Antec 900.

• Content Count:  1844

ever tried modding the area below your pus fan with a dremel tool (spelling?) and just doing your own grill shaped area directly under the psu fan or just cut some slots in it? if you know anyone that can work with metal just buy an antec 1200 and cut some slots for psu airflow/

ever tried modding the area below your pus fan with a dremel tool (spelling?) and just doing your own grill shaped area directly under the psu fan or just cut some slots in it? if you know anyone that can work with metal just buy an antec 1200 and cut some slots for psu airflow/

I'd rather not, it'd be difficult to explain to RMA services if things went wrong.

Reply to Thread