? servers

? players online

New Gaming set.

• Content Count:  868

Lack of Zboard love makes me sad. I've been using one for a few years now(the standard keyset mind you, don't fix what's not broken Ideazon) and about the only thing that came close was the G15. The screen on the G15 is almost completely pointless. First of all, ergonomically you have to be set up properly to even see the screen. The top of my keyboard is usually hidden by my desk, like right now I don't even see the function keys. The screen itself does very little that's useful, I mean health and ammo readouts? Really? It's on the monitor! Besides novelty why in the world would you use it for that? The only real use I could see for the G15's screen is if you're an enthusiast and like to monitor your RAM and CPU usage and the temperature of your computer while you're in-game or something.

I just like the feel of the Zboard when I'm typing. I like loud keyboards and I like keyboards that handle multiple key presses at the same time(as opposed to my piece of shit laptop keyboard that doesn't even handle some three-key combinations which makes gaming real fun without a controller). It's easy to clean too. The only thing I wish it had were backlit keys but because of the design of the keyboard that's impossible to ask for.

• Content Count:  2959

Afaik the zboard, like most every "gaming" keyboard out there, is a rubber dome keyboard rather than a mechanical keyboard. It really does make a huge difference, most people I've let try out either my g15 or old IBM buckling spring keyboard don't want to go back to non-mechanicals afterwards.

That's the real selling point of the g15 imho, even the supposed multi-press-safe keyboards aren't worth it if those keys feel like squishing old jellybeans.

• Content Count:  1839

Lack of Zboard love makes me sad. I've been using one for a few years now(the standard keyset mind you, don't fix what's not broken Ideazon) and about the only thing that came close was the G15. The screen on the G15 is almost completely pointless. First of all, ergonomically you have to be set up properly to even see the screen. The top of my keyboard is usually hidden by my desk, like right now I don't even see the function keys. The screen itself does very little that's useful, I mean health and ammo readouts? Really? It's on the monitor! Besides novelty why in the world would you use it for that? The only real use I could see for the G15's screen is if you're an enthusiast and like to monitor your RAM and CPU usage and the temperature of your computer while you're in-game or something.

I just like the feel of the Zboard when I'm typing. I like loud keyboards and I like keyboards that handle multiple key presses at the same time(as opposed to my piece of shit laptop keyboard that doesn't even handle some three-key combinations which makes gaming real fun without a controller). It's easy to clean too. The only thing I wish it had were backlit keys but because of the design of the keyboard that's impossible to ask for.

i have the original flip up g15. i use it for 2 different reasons. 1, i have a custom app that shows me cpu/ram/ network usage, and 2, the most important, a trillian plugin so i can chat while in game.

• Content Count:  3736

G5 is the best mouss with a cable and most ergonomic IMO (G7 is great but I like the 2 buttons!)! Look on ebay for a refurbished one its like 35-37 bucks!

G11 is an awesome keyboard refurb as well 30 bucks! G15 II is good but I dont like orange lights! G15 I is good too but hard to find!

Head set for with the money left Id say a steelseries if you want to go gaming!

Look on ebay for these items and you can find good deals..

Logitech makes reliable product I trust them very much! on the other hand I feel razer has a cheap build to its products and I would not advise it

• Content Count:  868

Afaik the zboard, like most every "gaming" keyboard out there, is a rubber dome keyboard rather than a mechanical keyboard. It really does make a huge difference, most people I've let try out either my g15 or old IBM buckling spring keyboard don't want to go back to non-mechanicals afterwards.

That's the real selling point of the g15 imho, even the supposed multi-press-safe keyboards aren't worth it if those keys feel like squishing old jellybeans.

Yeah, the Zboard uses rubber domes. You can actually see them because you can detach the keys from the board itself(this is where the easy cleaning comes in) without any screwdrivers or anything like that. Hell, you can type without a keyset in the Zboard, just pushing the rubber domes if you know where the keys are... not that that's useful. I remember unboxing it and the first day of use, it was unreal compared to more conventional keyboards. I guess one major flaw is that the plastic on the keys tend to wear off after enough use. I wonder if I still have my first Zboard around somewhere, the spacebar was bad news and so were a few other keys. I'll look around tomorrow and see if I can find it and post a picture, the wear and tear on the spacebar and the control key is crazy because I hit both with the sides of my fingers and my nails tends to scrape on the plastic.

Reply to Thread