? servers

? players online

New Gaming set.

• Content Count:  3341

I'm looking for new gaming set (New keyboard, mouse and headset)

Price: $130 max

What headset,keyboard,mouse should I buy?

Thx!

• Content Count:  193

Price is 130 dollars max for each, or all together? If all together, that's a hard one. Mouse is very important so I would recommend: Razer DeathAdder.

For the keyboard it is important that it has all of the functionalities. For this one I'd truly recommend you go to a computer store and test how the keyboard feels in your wrist, palm and especially fingers then buy it based off that. Out of the hat, Logitech Wave comes to mind, since it's very important that the keyboard is ergonomical, while not having "getting used to" time period.

Headphones: Logitech Precision Gaming headphones. They're really great, very comfortable if you're playing for longer periods of time since the design and especially the airflow are great.

This is just a small review of what I recommend. If you have any questions just ask.

Edited by Scree :O

• Content Count:  3299

I use razer deathadder very good, basic keyboard is fine aslong as it works i recoment the logitech g15 gaming keyboard, headset i recomend the Medusa 5.1 gaming headset which has INSANE surrond sound and perfect for knowing where your enemys are before they see you. All this gear is top notch and would proboly be 250 all together

• Content Count:  485

I use razer deathadder very good, basic keyboard is fine aslong as it works i recoment the logitech g15 gaming keyboard, headset i recomend the Medusa 5.1 gaming headset which has INSANE surrond sound and perfect for knowing where your enemys are before they see you. All this gear is top notch and would proboly be 250 all together

He said 130 max and how can a g15 be basic ???

• Content Count:  1752

Any basic keyboard should work, I wouldn't REALLY worry about that.

Headset + Mic- http://www.xoxide.com/icemat-siberia-headset-white.html?utm_content=icemat-siberia-headset-white&utm_campaign=FROOG&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping - Then again, people say I fade in and out when I talk so I dont know if you'd like the mic(it clips on your shirt).

Mouse- EASY, http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/359&cl=US,EN. The G5 is the bomb!

Conclusion- Those two together cost aroun 137$. If you go to tigerdirect or newegg it might be less but you also have to figure in the price of a new keyboard, which I don't think is very important. Just giving two suggestions (I have both of these and they work beautifully.

Edited by Trogdor

• Content Count:  4960

Save some more money and get a Microsoft Natural Keyboard 4000 and Logitech G9x. They're the best of the best and I don't even need to explain it. With a 5000DPI lasered mouse and a super comfortable customizable keyboard I'm sure that if you're an old school PC user you'll fall in love.

Edited by Coffee Crisp

• Content Count:  4960

1600 DPI won't get you far. I'm pretty sure you can find a cheap 4000DPI Razer Lachesis with a 3G Laser at Best Buy.

• Content Count:  2959

Logitech mx518 is the little brother to the logitech G5, 1600dpi to the G5's 2000. I personally heartily recommend the G5 for a mouse but if you're a lefty or fingertip gripper then you might like Razrs offerings more. For keyboards any mechanical keyswitch keyboard that is physically comfortable for you to use is best, the g15 fits into this but I don't know about the rest of the so called "gaming" keyboards.

Headphones are tricky. Ignore anything USB since itll just need to be converted back to analog anyway plus your soundcard will be useless then. Anything that claims 5.1 or "surround" sound... think about it, to fit that many sound-drivers into headphones they'd need to basically be a bunch of ipod earbuds crammed in there so compared to a REAL set of headphones the sound quality will suck. I'd say for sound+mic get a seperate microphone for like $10, clipons are good and so are logitech's standup ones.

If you get a g5 that's basically $30-40, if you get a gaming keyboard that's easily the other $100. I'd suggest holding off on the keyboard in favor of getting a good mouse and some Amazing headphones and then getting the keyboard later. A good set of headphones, REAL headphones, will easily last you for as long as you can avoid physically damaging them.

Reply to Thread