? servers

? players online

What pays the bills (whats your job) thread

• Content Count:  1300

Some of us I know are too young to generally be worried about keeping a job, or having one for that matter. but for those of us who pay the bills what is it that you do.

Im a jack of all trades, I run a pc review website, work at a pet store, am a published author, and part time college student.

while i dont get to work much, as i am disabled, I was given a fairly keen mind and so i like to use it.

what do you do, and why i guess as some jobs may seem boring to some but other love.

• Content Count:  1615

I am a lifeguard/Swim Instructor for the city I live in

it is good money for a 16 year old and I am buying a car next month or so

I have no bills other than zm admin and car insurance though :p

• Content Count:  493

I'm a manager at a Gas Station (Pioneer Petrolums). It includes a lot of paper work and filling propane cylinders (yes I have a liscence to do it). Lemme see, the only bills I pay are car insurance, rent (to parents, I am only 18) and i include gas as a bill now because prices for gas are outragous.

Also, the answer to the famous question I get asked everytime I work, how much is my discount on gas? NONE.. no discount what so ever (cheap ass company)

• Content Count:  1755

lmao I work with my father on weekends at his shop which he is a graphic design person and he makes signs for people basically. I also cut grass, rake leaves and shovel snow for old people on my grandparents block. I am also joining the Army in which hopefully I will be an Army Ranger. Oh yeah and for the bills I pay for my family's phone bill and cell bill.

• Content Count:  830

Trying to get a job at a steakhouse atm. Lost my job as waiter bout a month ago due to the place shutting down.

Also, why would you join the army at a time like this, vir?

• Content Count:  2527

Im a Network/Data Backup Consultant currently on Contract with Aegon Insurance in IOWA. I became a consultant about a year ago after losing my full time Job as a Systems Admin for a small company. Getting layed off was the best thing that could have happended because now I make 3 times what I used too, but I have to travel now.

On the bills front I have a lot so need to keep the income high to keep up with things. To get an idea what it cost when you guys get a bit older (montly):

Mortgage $1,350.00

Car Payment $400.00

Nicor Gas ~$200.00

Insurance for Cars $200.00

Health Insurance $110.00

Electric ~$100.00

Home Phone/DSL $90.00

Cell Phones $90.00

DirecTV $60.00

City Water/Garbage ~$40.00

Life Insurance $30.00

Total Monthly Bills: $2,670/month

*Keep in mind my wife don't work and I have 2 kids to support.

• Content Count:  4263

I'm a university student in the Uk, at Uni. of Kent.

Pretty much i'm living off loans to pay my way through univeristy after which i'll get a good job to pay it all off, hopefully by the time i'm 30 :p

I'm renting a house, so i have £290 for rent, £90 every 3 months for gas, eletric and water each, £20 for phone line (monthly), £20 for internet (monthly)

Somehow i'm getting by :d

• Content Count:  6559

Mortgage $1,350.00

Car Payment $400.00

Nicor Gas ~$200.00

Insurance for Cars $200.00

Health Insurance $110.00

Electric ~$100.00

Home Phone/DSL $90.00

Cell Phones $90.00

DirecTV $60.00

City Water/Garbage ~$40.00

Life Insurance $30.00

Total Monthly Bills: $2,670/month

*Keep in mind my wife don't work and I have 2 kids to support.

No wonder you smoke

I'm a Marketing and Fulfillment Manager for a financial publishing company, which means I try to sell more shit to people with too much money, even if they already buy from us. I come in at 11am and leave at 6. It's the easiest laziest job ever, and it's a small enough company that my first promotion made me a manager, now I can leave and have a padded resume, suckers.

However the sweet hours has made it hard for me to quit, because I don't want to be stuck in rush hour like most people.

Oh, but the pay sucks because they're a small company and lateral promotions have bullshit raises.

• Content Count:  2645

I'm a university student in the Uk, at Uni. of Kent.

Pretty much i'm living off loans to pay my way through univeristy after which i'll get a good job to pay it all off, hopefully by the time i'm 30 :p

I'm renting a house, so i have £290 for rent, £90 every 3 months for gas, eletric and water each, £20 for phone line (monthly), £20 for internet (monthly)

Somehow i'm getting by :d

damn no-good tax dodging student! :p

Reply to Thread