? servers

? players online

iPod Touch Problem

• Content Count:  136

Since I know some other SGs have an iTouch or iPhone, i'm hoping someone could help me with this. My computer, after I connect my iTouch, says "USB device not recongnized." I suspect this is because USBAAPL.SYS is missing from my computer. After searching apple, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1852 is the closest I can find to how to fix this, yet all it says is to check if the drivers and that .sys are on the computer. It does not provide a link or anything on where to DL it. I have tried reinstalling iTunes, as it suggests, and it still will not recongize it. Even "repairing" iTunes has failed. So until my friend, who's a genius at this stuff, can help me, im asking you guys.

HALP MEH!

• Content Count:  11501

It could be a problem with iTunes itself, I read it's been very buggy with some iPods. Try installing the version before that and see if you have problems.

• Content Count:  136

your usb adapter might be damaged try a friends one.

Yep, we took it in to the apple store and thats what the guy at their Genius Bar (and my friend, =P) both deducted. Luckly, he was nice, and even though the Touch was slightly past warrently (9 days, typical it breaks after the warrenty is up, =P), we are getting it replaced for no extra cost.

Anyway, thanks for suggestions and what not.

Edit: 2fast, it did still charge.

Reply to Thread