? servers

? players online

iPhone 3G

• Content Count:  4354

Well people are saying the Pre is nice. Maybe find two people that have each phone and then start running them through a few tests. Put them both through things you want in a phone, and then wight the pros and cons of each phone.

Then you will know you are making the right choice with what ever phone you go with.

• Content Count:  6559

Yeah, I've been playing with my friends Iphone.

I just don't like how "boxed in" it feels.

Regardless there is a 30 day trial period where I can return the phone/cancel line at no charge. I'll probably try that.

If they opened up the Iphone (LOL yeah right apple) to multitasking I'd jump ship no question.

• Content Count:  419

Played with the iPhone 3GS, same thing as the normal 3G. I didn't find any difference in speed for normal, built in applications. The camera is better and the video recording is pretty good, but other than that, no reason for the iPhone 3G users to upgrade.

As for the Pre, I've heard some fairly bad things about it. The battery apparently sucks, the keyboard is the typical shitty Palm keyboard, and the screen cracks without any pressure (happened to two people that I know of). Overall, not bad for Palm, but its going to need a second gen. They've already tried to stop the shitty battery with their rockstone charger, but all in all, it still sucks. (worse than the iPhone's batt)

I'll stick with my Bold for now.

• Content Count:  6559

As for the Pre, I've heard some fairly bad things about it. The battery apparently sucks, the keyboard is the typical shitty Palm keyboard, and the screen cracks without any pressure (happened to two people that I know of). Overall, not bad for Palm, but its going to need a second gen. They've already tried to stop the shitty battery with their rockstone charger, but all in all, it still sucks. (worse than the iPhone's batt)

I'll stick with my Bold for now.

I've been reading pre forums A LOT.

The battery gets better after a week when it's broken it, I saw iphone users who switched to the pre saying that the battery life was the same once it's broken in. As for the keyboard, I have a palm centro which is even more cramped but I can type on it fine, so the pre keyboard was actually even easier for me. I find the virtual keyboard on the iphone harder to use, i like tactile feedback.

The only thing about the pre that worries me is the screen crack thing.

The only way I'm gonna find out is if I try it out for a month. Hopefully the next batch that are shipped out have the screen issue fixed. They really should use a glass screen.

• Content Count:  6084

If you're on Sprint, you'll HATE at&t. They cost twice as much and have half the coverage. GSM seems to = fail in this country.

They cover virtually every area beside national parks and sectors of the Rockies that are completely void of life. The price seems reasonable to me.

• Content Count:  230

By the way if anyone is curious a single, say 700 minute contract+ 3G data plan/texting/internet with ATT is about $120.

That's NOT reasonable when Sprint has unlimited everything for $99. Sprint offers the everything data which is unlimited everything except minutes, you get 900 of those for about $90, or 450 mins for $70. Plus despite what the maps show, I've never seen anyone happy with at&t coverage anywhere in Minnesota, even in downtown Minneapolis it's VERY hit or miss. Even T-Mo is better.

Reply to Thread