? servers

? players online

iPhone 3G

• Content Count:  419

I've been reading pre forums A LOT.

The battery gets better after a week when it's broken it, I saw iphone users who switched to the pre saying that the battery life was the same once it's broken in. As for the keyboard, I have a palm centro which is even more cramped but I can type on it fine, so the pre keyboard was actually even easier for me. I find the virtual keyboard on the iphone harder to use, i like tactile feedback.

The only thing about the pre that worries me is the screen crack thing.

The only way I'm gonna find out is if I try it out for a month. Hopefully the next batch that are shipped out have the screen issue fixed. They really should use a glass screen.

I haven't read actual Pre only forums, but I check Crackberry and read up on it there.

IMO, the battery "problem" on the Pre will be a lot less noticeable compared to the iPhone. This is because for business users or those who work at a desk will most likely have a rockstone (or whatever they're called). In other words, it pretty much charges whenever you're sitting down at your desk. This compared to the iPhone where you must carefully place it in a dock or find your coords to plug it in. Really smart idea by Palm, yet for students (like me) who can't plug in a rockstone at their desk, its still a problem.

As for the keyboard, I suppose I'm just blessed with the Bold and it being (IMO, and many others opinions) the best mobile QWERTY keyboard. I've only played with the Pre once or twice so I can't really fully comment on its keyboard other than my first impressions, but I can just imagine trying to type with sweaty fingers. And I agree with the iPhone touch keyboard, I can't stand it. I'd love a full touch screen phone for the wonderful web browsing experience but theres no way I can type upwards of 50-60wpm on a touch screen.

The screen cracking should be fixed soon, and if thats the only REAL problem Palm has, they're surely on the comeback trail. Its nice to see a different name once in awhile from BB, Apple, HTC, etc.

edit: Red, something you may want to know.. :p

http://www.eatmedaily.com/2009/06/the-palm-pre-can-slice-cheese-video/

Edited by FightingRooster

• Content Count:  6084

That's NOT reasonable when Sprint has unlimited everything for $99. Sprint offers the everything data which is unlimited everything except minutes, you get 900 of those for about $90, or 450 mins for $70. Plus despite what the maps show, I've never seen anyone happy with at&t coverage anywhere in Minnesota, even in downtown Minneapolis it's VERY hit or miss. Even T-Mo is better.

The ATT plan is more expensive because of the iphone data plan which costs another $30

So actually it would only be $100 or so without it otherwise. ATT is the only provider for the phone in the US currently, but there the possibility you can get a universal unlocked model overseas of the 3G not 3GS and supposedly one of the other providers will let you use it, just things I've heard.

• Content Count:  230

The ATT plan is more expensive because of the iphone data plan which costs another $30

So actually it would only be $100 or so without it otherwise. ATT is the only provider for the phone in the US currently, but there the possibility you can get a universal unlocked model overseas of the 3G not 3GS and supposedly one of the other providers will let you use it, just things I've heard.

You actually unlock any iPhone to work on T-mo, you just have to pay a place that does it, I had a 3G for awhile on T-Mobile. It's not banded for T-Mo's 3g though, so you're stuck with EDGE. :sad: Not that it matters, T-Mobile's 3G is pretty non-existent. :sad:

Well, it isn't perfect, but I can type fairly well on it, the 3G network with the phone is roughly 2mbs dl 150-200up. Definitely faster than the original 3G.

Edited by PotshotPolka

• Content Count:  3736

Too tired to read the whole thread so I dont know if it has been mentionned but I think one of the great feature of the new phone is the copy and past which was not available previously!

Too tired to read the whole thread so I dont know if it has been mentionned but I think one of the great feature of the new phone is the copy and past which was not available previously!

That and the horizontal keyboard option now makes typing much easier.

• Content Count:  6559

By the way if anyone is curious a single, say 700 minute contract+ 3G data plan/texting/internet with ATT is about $120.

That's a lot.

I have 1000 minutes + UNLIMITED EVERYTHING for two phones right now for $100 bucks a month flat.

Again, Sprint keeps throwing everything at me to get me to stay, it works. GSM voice quality also sounds like someone has a phone shoved up their ass. I really don't get why GSM in the US is so shit.

And sprint's plans start at 69 bucks for 450 and Unlimited everything else, including texts.

ATT's 30$ Iphone data plan is a fucking scam.

Again I have nothing against the Iphone, just AT&T. The whole carrier exclusivity/phone thing is fucking retarded.

That's a lot.

I have 1000 minutes + UNLIMITED EVERYTHING for two phones right now for $100 bucks a month flat.

Again, Sprint keeps throwing everything at me to get me to stay, it works. GSM voice quality also sounds like someone has a phone shoved up their ass. I really don't get why GSM in the US is so shit.

And sprint's plans start at 69 bucks for 450 and Unlimited everything else, including texts.

ATT's 30$ Iphone data plan is a fucking scam.

Again I have nothing against the Iphone, just AT&T. The whole carrier exclusivity/phone thing is fucking retarded.

I agree on the exclusive thing, but out of curiousity can you run a speed test from your phone? I've been getting solid 3-4mbps rates which are phenomenal for a mobile phone imo.

• Content Count:  6559

I agree on the exclusive thing, but out of curiousity can you run a speed test from your phone? I've been getting solid 3-4mbps rates which are phenomenal for a mobile phone imo.

As soon as I get the Pre I will.

I'm using a centro right which is nowhere near as capable.

Reply to Thread