? servers

? players online

Processor Decision

• Content Count:  464

Trying to choose the processor for my new gaming computer

Was wondering people's opinions on Quad Core vs. Dual Core

I was thinking of going with the Q9550 Yorkfield clocked at 2.83 Ghz.....

Yeah, but, fine you win. It's jsut that a lot of people are saying that it isnt that great for gaming.....

Plus its slightly cheaper this way, im already over budget

• Content Count:  480

Was wondering people's opinions on Quad Core vs. Dual Core

I can tell you without even thinking that Quad Core will always outperform Dual Core. And

there is no beating the i7 920. I have one and I can run tons of shit while playing Crysis, listening to music

from a youtube video, downloading my next part from rapidshare, and eating a burrito.

I can tell you without even thinking that Quad Core will always outperform Dual Core. And

there is no beating the i7 920. I have one and I can run tons of shit while playing Crysis, listening to music

from a youtube video, downloading my next part from rapidshare, and eating a burrito.

Doesn't sound like it would much harder with a quad core, as long as you used CPU-Control to seperate the tasks to different cores :p What kind of burrito? Just curious.

If you must, a Q9550 is the best bet.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-cpu,2359.html

Read away. This will tell you A LOT!

What a coincidince, that's the one I chose :d Seemed like the best deal vs the Q6600 which was 2.4 Ghz I believe.

For only $20 more, (at least on negegg) you can get .43 more Ghz which seemed like a no-brainer.

• Content Count:  1000

Doesn't sound like it would much harder with a quad core, as long as you used CPU-Control to seperate the tasks to different cores :p What kind of burrito? Just curious.

What a coincidince, that's the one I chose :d Seemed like the best deal vs the Q6600 which was 2.4 Ghz I believe.

For only $20 more, (at least on negegg) you can get .43 more Ghz which seemed like a no-brainer.

Q6600 is not even an option. Intel doesn't even make those anymore.

Q6600 is not even an option. Intel doesn't even make those anymore.

Oh, well Newegg still had them :p besides core i7 wasnt really meant for home use

• Content Count:  2959

That, and the rumor that they're not that great for gaming are both pure bullshit. A single i7 core is better than a single Q9000 core which is better than a single Q6000 cure which is better than a single Pentium core.

Reply to Thread