? servers

? players online

About Warning Shots

• Content Count:  3391

The main problem I have with warning shots is this:

Say you tell Ts to go to the pool. Now, say a CT dies outside of the door to pool, thus leaving their guns behind. As a CT, I should be allowed to say 'No one by pool doorway or you die' and not have to give warning shots due to there being weapons in the general area.

This exact scenario happened yesterday with Awacs on Alcatraz and people were constantly bitching about warning shots, even though they knew weapons were on the other side and were trying to get them, if they were not then they should have been in the pool and would have been safe.

Also, what if a T picks up a pistol and points it at you? Does that warrant a warning/warning shot? I've had conflicting reports from both admins and players on this and am unsure what the ruling would be. Sure, the T was probably going to shoot at you, but then again they could take that second or two, realize they are severely underpowered and drop the gun. Also, the damage a pistol does is far, far less than what a primary does.

I believe the whole warning shots thing is too vague to encompass most scenarios seen in PB and should be abandoned or given specific areas where they are used (ex: Tell a T to drop a pistol and he does not, give a warning shot.). The T's use the whole warning shot concept to their advantage and is one reason I dislike playing a CT, because I don't feel comfortable killing a, possibly, unarmed T that is disobeying orders.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  119

The main problem I have with warning shots is this:

Say you tell Ts to go to the pool. Now, say a CT dies outside of the door to pool, thus leaving their guns behind. As a CT, I should be allowed to say 'No one by pool doorway or you die' and not have to give warning shots due to there being weapons in the general area.

This exact scenario happened yesterday with Awacs on Alcatraz and people were constantly bitching about warning shots, even though they knew weapons were on the other side and were trying to get them, if they were not then they should have been in the pool and would have been safe.

Also, what if a T picks up a pistol and points it at you? Does that warrant a warning/warning shot? I've had conflicting reports from both admins and players on this and am unsure what the ruling would be. Sure, the T was probably going to shoot at you, but then again they could take that second or two, realize they are severely underpowered and drop the gun. Also, the damage a pistol does is far, far less than what a primary does.

I believe the whole warning shots thing is too vague to encompass most scenarios seen in PB and should be abandoned or given specific areas where they are used (ex: Tell a T to drop a pistol and he does not, give a warning shot.). The T's use the whole warning shot concept to their advantage and is one reason I dislike playing a CT, because I don't feel comfortable killing a, possibly, unarmed T that is disobeying orders.

THIS! You are awesome!

• Content Count:  2095

If they have it in their holster, don't kill them or warning shot. Simply tell them to turn around (Or face somewhere where there's no CT's) and drop it. Problem solved. If they're in the cage, ask them to walk backwards and drop it out.

If they refuse, that's a different thing. Warning shot them, if they still continue to refuse, or pull it out without doing as instructed, kill them.

This needs to be the same for primary or secondary. I've sometimes walked into a primary and got instantly shot...

• Content Count:  3391

If they have it in their holster, don't kill them or warning shot. Simply tell them to turn around (Or face somewhere where there's no CT's) and drop it. Problem solved. If they're in the cage, ask them to walk backwards and drop it out.

If they refuse, that's a different thing. Warning shot them, if they still continue to refuse, or pull it out without doing as instructed, kill them.

This needs to be the same for primary or secondary. I've sometimes walked into a primary and got instantly shot...

The instant-kill on primaries is there for a good reason, but accidents happen. 99% of the time people walk into primaries knowing full well that the gun is in their path. Yes, people get killed because a T died next to them with a primary and it happened to fall in your hands, but that's what you get for standing next to a T with a gun.

Accidents happen, but most can be avoided if you truly don't want to pick up the gun. If instant-kill on primaries is revoked then I will probably never play as a CT and will probably refuse to play PB in general due to the unbelievable amount of complaints that will follow.

And the example I gave in my previous post about the pistol was when it was holstered and the T was outright ignoring you to drop it. Trust me, I've done it. I've tried to mingle with the crowd (kind of hard with an admin skin, but still) and ignore a CT's order to drop it. I think if a T has any weapon out, then they should be fair game, why else would a T have a pistol out if they had no intention of shooting it? But then that eliminates the toy guns, which are fun and are a great distraction, so I'm torn.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2390

I generally tell them 2-3 times to do something, and while saying it i tell them : "This is your warning", but you gotta be careful as there are some admins here that like to take things into there own hands and start going all "No you can't kill them, you need to give a warning shot first".

• Content Count:  136

The instant-kill on primaries is there for a good reason, but accidents happen. 99% of the time people walk into primaries knowing full well that the gun is in their path. Yes, people get killed because a T died next to them with a primary and it happened to fall in your hands, but that's what you get for standing next to a T with a gun.

Accidents happen, but most can be avoided if you truly don't want to pick up the gun. If instant-kill on primaries is revoked then I will probably never play as a CT and will probably refuse to play PB in general due to the unbelievable amount of complaints that will follow.

And the example I gave in my previous post about the pistol was when it was holstered and the T was outright ignoring you to drop it. Trust me, I've done it. I've tried to mingle with the crowd (kind of hard with an admin skin, but still) and ignore a CT's order to drop it. I think if a T has any weapon out, then they should be fair game, why else would a T have a pistol out if they had no intention of shooting it? But then that eliminates the toy guns, which are fun and are a great distraction, so I'm torn.

your first post said it all... but about T's "accidently" picking up a pistol or primary ya thats BS bc i dont think i have ever accidently picked up a gun as a T...

also killing bc of a primary shouldnt be revoked like said its there for a reason... i dont think they will take that away tho. the next thing will be you have to warn a T to drop it even if he is pointing it straight at your face.. this is what other shitty PB servers do and i dont play them for that reason...

like i said before warning shots are for non rebelling actions

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.