? servers

? players online

What are you scared of?

• Content Count:  3440

Well, actually, it's a lot more simple than that.

Fear is necessary in humans to provoke the release of adrenaline, making your mind extremely sharp for a limited amount of time, forcing you to either fight against the fear, or flee.

Some say that the wisest thing to fear is fear itself, but I find that statement completely untrue. There is no wisest thing to fear. Fear is a by-product of when we were evolving. It is not needed nowadays. People needed it at the time when all they had was a large heavy club when there was a big hungry sabertooth tiger outside wanting lunch.

It's relatively simple, fear is not at all a weakness, nor is succumbing to it, it is disregarding it and making those decisions without that adrenaline boost. Because otherwise you will only feel that your mind is sharp and you know what you are doing.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the "psycho-analysis" or Philosophy thread.. but a post you're fears thread..

Warm toilet seats scare me.

• Content Count:  670

Fear is necessary in humans to provoke the release of adrenaline, making your mind extremely sharp for a limited amount of time, forcing you to either fight against the fear, or flee.

Actually any stressor, whether it's fear-related or not can induce a "fight-or-flight" response. It's why you get the jitters before a big presentation or a hot date, even if you're not worried about it.

oh cmon, don't pull that macho crap, you have to be scared of something.

I bet its a dirty colon.

Nope. I don't like stinging insects because they sting you and it hurts, but I'm not afraid of them. I wouldn't like falling off a cliff but I'm not afraid of heights. Just because you want to avoid negative consequences of something doesn't mean you're afraid of it. I can't think of anything I would be scared to try.

Don't project on me cause you're a big sissy, sissy.

• Content Count:  200

Actually any stressor, whether it's fear-related or not can induce a "fight-or-flight" response. It's why you get the jitters before a big presentation or a hot date, even if you're not worried about it.

Nope. I don't like stinging insects because they sting you and it hurts, but I'm not afraid of them. I wouldn't like falling off a cliff but I'm not afraid of heights. Just because you want to avoid negative consequences of something doesn't mean you're afraid of it. I can't think of anything I would be scared to try.

Don't project on me cause you're a big sissy, sissy.

Pffft whatever sissy.

Reply to Thread