? servers

? players online

E74 error code Xbox Red Light

• Content Count:  3380

Well in the bottom right quadrant of my xbox 360. Starting up the console has this red light appear and then on the tv screen it says that I should contact the xbox support, which I would rather not do because I would rather find a speedier way to fix it..any suggestions? :d

• Content Count:  1844

happened to me i sent it back with everything that came with it and they sent me a check if you can just go out and buy a new hdd so you can keep all your games etc

but yea like andre said its gpu failure

• Content Count:  3380

happened to me i sent it back with everything that came with it and they sent me a check if you can just go out and buy a new hdd so you can keep all your games etc

but yea like andre said its gpu failure

ya I know I can send it back but 1: Not sure if i still have warranty and 2: Dont want to wait that long. Although I think I heard somewhere that the E74 error falls under warranty guaranteed. Not sure. I probably will send it in, itll give me a good break from xbox and let me practice C:SS Scrimmin.

• Content Count:  2175

Althought im apparently a troll, this just recently happened to a friend of mine, he tipped over his 360 and when he turned it on, it was RRODing with the same error message, so I unplugged the 360's video cords, and turned it on, turned on perfectly fine so I plugged it in, RROD'd again.

Obviously something wrong with the GPU, doubt there is a fix for it either :X, except of course replacing.

edit: googled it and you have a 3yr extended warranty for the e74 error, good luck on shipping costs.

Edited by Jazzyy

• Content Count:  52

do what i did and scam microsoft , call them say your xbox has 3 ringed and your power brick shines green and they'll send you an e label within 1-3 days after that send it out and theres a new xbox :)

• Content Count:  530

ya I know I can send it back but 1: Not sure if i still have warranty and 2: Dont want to wait that long. Although I think I heard somewhere that the E74 error falls under warranty guaranteed. Not sure. I probably will send it in, itll give me a good break from xbox and let me practice C:SS Scrimmin.

It depends there is a certain date range they will give you a new xbox for free anyway

Reply to Thread