? servers

? players online

Razer Suggestions

• Content Count:  678

K i just tried the map out.....some friendly suggestions

-The map is wayyyyyyyyyy to big now man.......that hallway that leads to the grav room?....is way to long and that will never work when the server is full. (By which i mean 0 chance the T's are gonna go in and actually stay in there......because its to hard for the ct's to get them in there and out of there w.o a huge chance of rebellion)

-The slide on the ct catwalk in pool should be in a lower area under catwalk......its gonna lead to alot of freekilling and T's abusing that they can go on catwalk there but not anywhere else.

-You should expand disco for the CT area......that one window is not nearly enough for the ct's to watch whats going on in disco.....i could barely even see part of disco.

-The low grav room is way to massive.....no way any CT could keep control of that room.

-The vents are wayyyy to confusing now and way to easy for T's to get to multiple areas now. To be honest vents should only lead to one area......because how one area leads to grav room and another besides armory honestly makes razor easier than it was before. Ct's are just gonna sit in the vents now really aggravating people.

-There really shouldn't be a vent in one of the T's cells. They already have 3 other ways of getting out.....adding another one....which not only can lead to armory but also the low grav room just adds another huge disadvantage.

-Also those tele's in armory while may seem good for the CT's....also cause a HUGE disadvantage for them.....because if 1 T gets into armory.....he now can be anywhere and not just front door or catwalk in armory. Also making it alot harder for the ct's than before.

-You shouldn't replace smoke grenades where the pistols use to be......this is gonna cause people to get upset lol (Like the map maker said haha no more pew pew'z for you)

Those are just some pointers but I if your gonna keep this the way it is.....it shouldn't be razor, but a different map name. I thought you were just gonna fix a few things......but everything seems to be the same to be honest (As in the razor layout All the tele's appear to be the same.........same vents leading to the same place's. Those tele's were the problems in Razor. Before cells opened....someone would be outside solitary, in pool, or in garage all within 5seconds. Than when cells opened the soda machine was a huge problem because people could just simply tele away to two different spots. But now that vents lead to more areas and armory can lead to more area's.......it makes it alot harder for the CT's.

I know this all looks negative......but it isn't Razor is a hard map to change......alot of people love the layout and any simple thing will piss people off. I would say if your gonna stick with this being an updated razor, i'd go back to the core of it. Keep it simple, don't keep adding more and more areas(To be honest razor has enough).....just stick to the core of the Razor gameplay and make it more balanced for the CT's......which seems to be the only problem for Razor as of now.

-If ya wanna PM me and talk more i'd me more than welcome to chat

-Morning

• Content Count:  701

K i just tried the map out.....some friendly suggestions

-The map is wayyyyyyyyyy to big now man.......that hallway that leads to the grav room?....is way to long and that will never work when the server is full. (By which i mean 0 chance the T's are gonna go in and actually stay in there......because its to hard for the ct's to get them in there and out of there w.o a huge chance of rebellion)

-The slide on the ct catwalk in pool should be in a lower area under catwalk......its gonna lead to alot of freekilling and T's abusing that they can go on catwalk there but not anywhere else.

-You should expand disco for the CT area......that one window is not nearly enough for the ct's to watch whats going on in disco.....i could barely even see part of disco.

-The low grav room is way to massive.....no way any CT could keep control of that room.

-The vents are wayyyy to confusing now and way to easy for T's to get to multiple areas now. To be honest vents should only lead to one area......because how one area leads to grav room and another besides armory honestly makes razor easier than it was before. Ct's are just gonna sit in the vents now really aggravating people.

-There really shouldn't be a vent in one of the T's cells. They already have 3 other ways of getting out.....adding another one....which not only can lead to armory but also the low grav room just adds another huge disadvantage.

-Also those tele's in armory while may seem good for the CT's....also cause a HUGE disadvantage for them.....because if 1 T gets into armory.....he now can be anywhere and not just front door or catwalk in armory. Also making it alot harder for the ct's than before.

-You shouldn't replace smoke grenades where the pistols use to be......this is gonna cause people to get upset lol (Like the map maker said haha no more pew pew'z for you)

Those are just some pointers but I if your gonna keep this the way it is.....it shouldn't be razor, but a different map name. I thought you were just gonna fix a few things......but everything seems to be the same to be honest (As in the razor layout All the tele's appear to be the same.........same vents leading to the same place's. Those tele's were the problems in Razor. Before cells opened....someone would be outside solitary, in pool, or in garage all within 5seconds. Than when cells opened the soda machine was a huge problem because people could just simply tele away to two different spots. But now that vents lead to more areas and armory can lead to more area's.......it makes it alot harder for the CT's.

I know this all looks negative......but it isn't Razor is a hard map to change......alot of people love the layout and any simple thing will piss people off. I would say if your gonna stick with this being an updated razor, i'd go back to the core of it. Keep it simple, don't keep adding more and more areas(To be honest razor has enough).....just stick to the core of the Razor gameplay and make it more balanced for the CT's......which seems to be the only problem for Razor as of now.

-If ya wanna PM me and talk more i'd me more than welcome to chat

-Morning

The Grav room is a stand in for now, It is going to be scaled down once I actuall have a chance to. As for problems with that hallway, there is nowhere to go in it, and ct's get directly to being able to watch it.

Other than that, the vent system is being changed slightly still, I am removing the actual vent to armory, now it will have 2 entrances and go to the grav room.

I will take a look at the slide, this was just a suggestion I was putting up for testing.

Vent in cell was just another suggestion, I will look into removing it.

Ct armory tele's will have a T push trigger, making it a CT only area.

As for razer being a hard map to change, aye it is. The point of new rooms is to give mroe variety to a map that is just going through a few basic motions.

Changing guns into smokes was just a peice of attempting balance, as for the gun... im pretty sure I only changed the deagle in pool and moved it to the locker room instead of the vent. Mac10 in kitchen now spawns when you break a certain item in there.

Ct area in disco isnt really meant for the entire team to camp up there, figuring the rest of the team actually has control over the prisoners, and is in the room that is just a little bit of added support for the guys on the ground.

All in all the suggestions are helpful, I am open to more, I will work on making this a ltitle less of a shock from a reg standpoint.

• Content Count:  678

Aye yeah I hear ya karnivor...you just gotta realize PB is the #1 map on our PB server.......if your beta test didn't take any negatives....than somethings wrong......because for your map to be the official updated version of Razor......it has to be perfect.

-Also side note: thats what I ment by the hallway for the grav room.........thats going to turn into a camping spot for the cts just like Disco is in Alcatraz

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.