? servers

? players online

Should it be allowed?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be allowed?

• Yes (who cares about em?)
    • No (they deserve their undercover, nomatter what powers they have)

Revealing Admins/Apprentices

• Content Count:  2959

Why would you be undercover "demoing" unless its hacking? Put your damn tags on and admin the servers.

You still have to provide a clear warning before resorting to banning anyway, so all you achieve undercover is giving out a ninja warning, then having to tag up.

And then the instant they see an admin is gone they all go back to being an utter loving rear end in a top hat. If they're always unsure of whether an admin is watching or not they're less likely to misbehave when they don't see one.

well i just meant that people are more likely to be douche bags when admins arn't around or when they think admins arent around. By coming into a server with your admin tag on people are less likely to do something stupid like freekill or somthing.

No, you're just sick of getting caught every time you think there isn't an admin around.

• Content Count:  2390

Why would you be undercover "demoing" unless its hacking? Put your damn tags on and admin the servers.

You still have to provide a clear warning before resorting to banning anyway, so all you achieve undercover is giving out a ninja warning, then having to tag up.

So its more important to be seen on the servers than to punish those breaking the rules?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3697

Common sense. Don't be a dick to your fellow admins. He will be the one that gets you a strike later down the line. Paybacks a bitch.

Actually more often than admins ratting me out were randoms. On the server I used to play on that I was an admin on, a player would generally rat me out. Ohhh Bob is xxx! Everyone say hi. I had to tell them in admin say to stop ratting me out because I'm obviously undercover for a reason.

So can we get mad at players for ratting us out? Or if they find out are we kind of screwed because they have the "right of speech"?

It's just a general dick move to do, you can be mad but you can't use your admin against them.

Doesn't mean you can't take great pleasure in not warning them about the pit of death they're about to step over though. They should've been paying more attention to everyone else who was carefully avoiding that spot...

• Content Count:  1300

Apparently some clarification is in order, if you reveal an admin who is undercover its generally reported, action may not be taken, but the higherups are informed of your dick move, and if it continues, the board at any time may choose to revoke your admin, or your ability to use ma_admins. While we use a strike system there have been cases when we are a donation only site (as we are now) of simply turning it off if you annoy enough bd's. Also for those of you who are apprentice admins, that sort of action may leave you in Apprentice purgatory for an extended time, or just get you booted out of the program.

undercover admins deserve their privacy, be it for simply wanting to play, or because they are undercover trying to keep the servers clean. its not a poll or an open vote, its a matter of respecting the decisions of your fellow admins, or respecting that a higherup wants to be incognito for w/e reason they see fit. If you cannot do that, then you are not a good fit here.

revealing an admin falls under disrespecting admins and the community, while we choose to let it slide most of the time, the community of higherups are closer knit, and don't generally appreciate having their jobs made harder. Tbh I am not amused in the slightest that people don't seem to grasp that basic of a principle.

Are you allowed to be abused off the bat? no. Will a higher up screw with you to drive the point home? Probably not at first. Revealing an admin might just get you into hot water you really don't ever want to be in. Trust me, most of the long term admins all don't appreciate you annoying them, and if bored , might spend all kinds of time following you around and demoing you for every damn cough sneeze or slipup you make. they are happy to put you under a microscope until you get the idea.

You all have access to admin only chat, use it.

After a recent (embarassing) experience I think it should be pointed out to the rest of us newbies that the server WILL remember your preferences in regards to using admin skins, which means you can change your name and come in undercover and still be using the giant demon/spacemarine skin with "[sG] ADMIN" plastered all over your back...

• Content Count:  3073

Apparently some clarification is in order, if you reveal an admin who is undercover its generally reported, action may not be taken, but the higherups are informed of your dick move, and if it continues, the board at any time may choose to revoke your admin, or your ability to use ma_admins. While we use a strike system there have been cases when we are a donation only site (as we are now) of simply turning it off if you annoy enough bd's. Also for those of you who are apprentice admins, that sort of action may leave you in Apprentice purgatory for an extended time, or just get you booted out of the program.

undercover admins deserve their privacy, be it for simply wanting to play, or because they are undercover trying to keep the servers clean. its not a poll or an open vote, its a matter of respecting the decisions of your fellow admins, or respecting that a higherup wants to be incognito for w/e reason they see fit. If you cannot do that, then you are not a good fit here.

revealing an admin falls under disrespecting admins and the community, while we choose to let it slide most of the time, the community of higherups are closer knit, and don't generally appreciate having their jobs made harder. Tbh I am not amused in the slightest that people don't seem to grasp that basic of a principle.

Are you allowed to be abused off the bat? no. Will a higher up screw with you to drive the point home? Probably not at first. Revealing an admin might just get you into hot water you really don't ever want to be in. Trust me, most of the long term admins all don't appreciate you annoying them, and if bored , might spend all kinds of time following you around and demoing you for every damn cough sneeze or slipup you make. they are happy to put you under a microscope until you get the idea.

You all have access to admin only chat, use it.

You make it sound like were vindictive bastards....

.....Even if its true. :toung:

Reply to Thread