? servers

? players online

Should it be allowed?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be allowed?

• Yes (who cares about em?)
    • No (they deserve their undercover, nomatter what powers they have)

Revealing Admins/Apprentices

• Content Count:  1845

being on a server with no admins is asking for trouble. that being said when the server seems like that and an admin comes in undercover isn't it kinda unfair to the other gamers? its kinda like entrapment you know. do u get what i mean? I'm just being curious

• Content Count:  1300

its not entrapment, you agree to abide by our rules on our servers, if you break those rules and no one catches you, you are still breaking the rules and an idiot, an admin catching you just means you get to add punishment to your high crime of douchebaggery.

its not like we are rule nazi's or somehow have impossible to follow rules either.

• Content Count:  6559

So it's fair to mic spammers/hackers/griefers when there are no admins on at all and they don't get caught, yet somehow it's mean to mic spammers/hackers/griefers when they get caught by an admin undercover?

The servers aren't bound by the Bill of Rights/Constitution/Declaration of Independence etc etc.

If you're a douchebag you get punished.

Entrapment would be an admin saying "MIC SPAM ALL YOU WANT I WON'T DO ANYTHING" and then banning someone as soon as they do.

• Content Count:  1845

well i just meant that people are more likely to be douche bags when admins arn't around or when they think admins arent around. By coming into a server with your admin tag on people are less likely to do something stupid like freekill or somthing.

• Content Count:  641

Ok, there are admins that would do this, i know. Sometimes it's by mistake because you know them by their name not their fake name. Still it's annoying.

The worst part is when members/regulars/hon's/sup's actually know it's you by looking at their SteamFriends or something, and then they say " IS ACTUALLY [sG] IntenseFajita!".

The only reason i go undercover is when there's no admins in the game and i want to make sure everything is well. Once i feel the server is secure then i change my name. (Unless i need to keep it on for a bit). Otherwise i have an undercover name because i don't feel like being bugged.

To sum up, Admin's go undercover for reasons! You shouldn't screw that up. If you have a [sG]/[sG-A] tag, then control the server yourself. There's no need to reveal admins. That's like joining the CIA, spying on a target, and pushing your partner out into the open to be shot.

• Content Count:  4263

Why would you be undercover "demoing" unless its hacking? Put your damn tags on and admin the servers.

You still have to provide a clear warning before resorting to banning anyway, so all you achieve undercover is giving out a ninja warning, then having to tag up.

• Content Count:  4960

well i just meant that people are more likely to be douche bags when admins arn't around or when they think admins arent around. By coming into a server with your admin tag on people are less likely to do something stupid like freekill or somthing.

Duh, people act like a saint if an admin is around, and if you go undercover, you see that they mock with everybody and freekill,...

What if there wasn't an admin around at Zombie Escape?? People would be blown, there won't be fair teams anymore...

:confused:

You can't trust the normal players, only the selected people are to be trusted and they can join the clan attached to the servers :biggrin:

But i think that you don't have to ban players immeadiately (srry if it's wrong spelled) if they teamkill, people act without thinking because they think there aren't consequences attached to the 5-seconds-of-fun they had by spoiling the game for somebody else...

That's why you need to be able to keep yourself undercover as an admin...

:bounce::cheesy:That's how i feel about this matter.:cheesy::bounce:

Reply to Thread