? servers

? players online

Post Your Car!

• Content Count:  303

05 silverado bought new will drive it till its last breath

Nice truck. Is it a 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, or 1 ton? I didn't notice any badging on the side. Did you remove them? I just recently traded in my 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 for a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel to help me tow my "toys". I also want to keep this truck awhile, which is why I went diesel. Too bad diesel prices are going through the roof lately.

mainphpg2viewcorese7.th.jpg

mainphpg2viewcorehe2.th.jpg

• Content Count:  78

its a 1500 hd good enough for me .... im not on a farm usin it or anything .. enough power to haul my 4wheelers and such .. ya these gas prices are killer... there is this guy if ya want i can email it to ya (thevideo) where he runs his car and all his welding stuff off from water like in the movie 12 saints or whatever with val kilmer... im gunna try and see if i can get a hold of that guy ... see if he can convert my truck like he did his car... doubt he would but worth a try

• Content Count:  1938

I know that for a few hundred dollars you can convert a diesel engine into a bio-diesel engine and run it off of organic oils. Even used oils. Talk to your local Mc Donald's about taking their dirty fryer oil from them for no charge : D

• Content Count:  78

lol ya.. i dont have a diesel bio i heard doesnt run as well either ... but this water/ HHO thing this guy is doin runs just like normal from what im hearin...

actually my 4wheeler that i posted runs on alcohol and its actually alot cheaper .... maybe i should convert my truck to that lol then i can fill em up with some moonshine or everclear lol

Edited by 535cheetah

• Content Count:  670

I don't think you can run straight biodiesel in any vehicle, since pump diesel has additives and all that good stuff to keep your engine running. Even going with a 50/50 mix of pump diesel and biodiesel will save you a lot though :d

• Content Count:  303

I don't think you can run straight biodiesel in any vehicle, since pump diesel has additives and all that good stuff to keep your engine running. Even going with a 50/50 mix of pump diesel and biodiesel will save you a lot though :d

Dodge actually approves the use of a biodiesel/diesel mix in their newer trucks (2007+). Commercial fleet vehicles can use a 20% mix whereas personal vehicles can use up to 5%. Kinda sucks since all of the biodiesel stations around here only provide between 20%-100% biodiesel mix. I could probably put in a higher mix, but I don't want to invalidate my warranty.

• Content Count:  670

Dodge actually approves the use of a biodiesel/diesel mix in their newer trucks (2007+). Commercial fleet vehicles can use a 20% mix whereas personal vehicles can use up to 5%. Kinda sucks since all of the biodiesel stations around here only provide between 20%-100% biodiesel mix. I could probably put in a higher mix, but I don't want to invalidate my warranty.

You might try asking if they offer some kind of biodiesel conversion kit or something. I think the main problem with biodiesel is the lack of additives causes more problems with gunked-up fuel lines and injectors, and that it doesn't handle cold weather as well. I'm definitely no expert on diesels though.

Reply to Thread