? servers

? players online

Post Your Car!

• Content Count:  2694

I thought I posted this but I guess not lol. I ordered coilovers back in March. Got them in April, installed them myself on May 21st. Took like 3 or 4 iterations but I finally got the ride height to where I want it to be all around but I still have to adjust the camber for the front right wheel. I also purchased 15mm spacers which complete the look. I also spent some time adjusting the dampers to get the ride quality to where I want it to be. It's a bit rough.... but the car handles tremendously now. I've spent a lot of time driving backroads late at night and I am very confident in these coilovers. I gotta avoid potholes like crazy because I scrape on everything and it is super super hard on my body (and the car) when I hit a pothole now LOL. My spine just gets fucked. I still need to get an alignment. I wish I bought these a long time ago haha. They're originally $1400 but I got them on sale for $1000. It took me a day to install them because I have never installed coilovers before. It was relatively easy. I bought a couple Milwaukee power tools under the guidance of Gator and it made everything easy. 

hmg1Uud.jpg

Lc1wQdz.jpg

WqHG8LN.jpg

zAtUcjN.jpg

mBzbSmU.jpg

y4cYYPR.jpg

vxJ9UAY.jpg

0QGFEzl.jpg

I purchased a new BOV from Sxth Element during MDW and it came on June 17th. I installed it the same day because it was extremely easy. It only took me around an hour. I liked how my stock BPV sounds but this sounds so much better. It's essentially the same noise, just a bit louder and a different pitch. It's a small thing but it makes me extremely happy hearing it lol. I got that on sale for $200. 

l2CE1Nw.jpg

7SevDfC.jpg

I think I'm done with mods for a while now lol. I got everything I wanted. Don't know what else to do besides upgrading to a bigger turbo. That'll run me about $2500. Maybe in the future. My next plans involve wrapping or plasti dipping my grille back to black, dechroming whatever small chrome bits there are, and purchasing carbon fiber mirror caps. Long term plan is to keep this car and buy a Veloster N in the future like I have been saying for like 3 years now lol. I'm waiting for prices to lower and I just started an IT internship so I took a couple thousand dollar loss in pay from my previous job. It's a step forward though. But, I would like to own both and then maybe a 90s civic or a NB Miata as well. Only issue is that I do not have anywhere to park all of these cars LOL. 

I'm really happy with how much power I make. The car makes 201 horsepower at the crank and 180 horsepower at the wheels stock. I'm currently sitting anywhere from 230-240 wheel horsepower if I compare myself to others who have the same mods. I need to purchase a dyno session to get legit numbers. I make enough power to keep up with most people and I keep up and even pull on my buddy's WRX. Kept up with him all the way up to 140 LOL. Acceleration is great and all the noises make me happy. As for handling, it is great. I spent a couple hours last week hitting some mountain roads late at night and it was a dream. Taking mountain turns at 60, 70, 80 like its nothing. I need to start doing autocross soon. 

That's all I had, thanks for reading my blog as always.

• Like 1

Last week I finally bought a Miata after wanting one since I was 14. It's a 1991 with 194k miles. The engine is really healthy and it rides nice :)

I am the third owner. It was originally red but the first owner had it repainted black. I've already done so much in the week I have owned the car lol. Fixed up the interior, still waiting on some things like the radio bezel because the previous owner had some gross fake woodgrain thing on it. Put new speakers in. Changed the shift boot to a suede one and I purchased a steering wheel from a later generation Miata and wired it in. It came with BBS wheels and I had my friend mount new tires on it yesterday. New brakes coming in next week. It's not bad for being 32 years old and having 194k miles.

The previous owner had the top replaced which is a big plus. It has been so fun driving around with the top down even though it's getting a little chilly outside. The amount of attention I get in it is a bit unnerving but it's cool I suppose. Here it is:

flsnSmH.jpg

gGyghBf.jpg

klGDu6j.jpg

ohSjbQU.jpg

korGzBl.jpg

hvx0awN.jpg

auxibEe.jpg

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1051

14 hours ago, John said:

Last week I finally bought a Miata after wanting one since I was 14. It's a 1991 with 194k miles. The engine is really healthy and it rides nice :)

I am the third owner. It was originally red but the first owner had it repainted black. I've already done so much in the week I have owned the car lol. Fixed up the interior, still waiting on some things like the radio bezel because the previous owner had some gross fake woodgrain thing on it. Put new speakers in. Changed the shift boot to a suede one and I purchased a steering wheel from a later generation Miata and wired it in. It came with BBS wheels and I had my friend mount new tires on it yesterday. New brakes coming in next week. It's not bad for being 32 years old and having 194k miles.

The previous owner had the top replaced which is a big plus. It has been so fun driving around with the top down even though it's getting a little chilly outside. The amount of attention I get in it is a bit unnerving but it's cool I suppose. Here it is:

flsnSmH.jpg

gGyghBf.jpg

klGDu6j.jpg

ohSjbQU.jpg

korGzBl.jpg

hvx0awN.jpg

auxibEe.jpg

Yo thats sick, had a 92 Miata when I was in highschool, still the most fun car I have had. Keep me updated, I'm curious for how it goes.

• Like 1

new car dump. bought this last saturday. have been enjoying it a lot. i looked for one of these for 4 months until i found one that i liked. i was specifically looking for a 2021+ in this color with the manual transmission but so few were up for sale within 500 miles of me. settled for this 2020 that i have been ABSOLUTELY loving. the car is insane and I have been putting it through its paces. i sold my old car to my brother for a great price. very very very happy because i have been wanting one of these for around 3 years now and i am finally in a position to own both a miata and this. 

2020 Hyundai Veloster N with the performance package in performance blue with the 6 speed 😄

bought it for $28k with 17k miles on the car. i put $6k down and the price was not bad at all. the car is seriously in immaculate condition. the previous owner took such great care of it. shoutout to mason.

im used to getting attention because of the miata but i was not expecting it with this car. random people have been complimenting it haha

vJMZMnN.jpeg

Rk3NS0W.jpeg

CkthJW6.jpeg

ZdOxwHY.jpeg

AncMiGz.jpeg

SQiaB9H.jpeg

WZXXJCV.jpeg

@Gatorwya

• Like 1
Edited by John

Reply to Thread