? servers

? players online

Got Forum Award Idea? Post it

• Content Count:  3391

Finally some creative ideas, only issue is with all the forum awards you have:

• Subjectively based awards are gonna have big issues
  • Pretty sure Paul is the only one who has 5+ maps, maybe change it to 1 or 2 +
  • I like the anti-awards awards, but its gonna be subject to the higher ups discretion

Easy solution for subjectively based awards though, just make it so you can nominate people for an award. Maybe up the amount of hours in-game as well.

I also liked how it wasn't until like the 5th page when people started to hate on the idea, seems like we might be getting better, or the trolls are getting slower.

They were just general ideas, obviously they'd need to be tweaked based on current data. The subjectively based awards shouldn't be an issue. If an AO+ sees that someone met that criterion, they could either hand it out or setup some vote for the rest of the AO+ staff to vote on. People that beg for it or are obviously whoring themselves for it wouldn't get it, hence the need for a subjective opinion.

• Content Count:  2390

They were just general ideas, obviously they'd need to be tweaked based on current data. The subjectively based awards shouldn't be an issue. If an AO+ sees that someone met that criterion, they could either hand it out or setup some vote for the rest of the AO+ staff to vote on. People that beg for it or are obviously whoring themselves for it wouldn't get it, hence the need for a subjective opinion.

Not really, then it just becomes a popularity contest of which people the higher ups like most.

• Content Count:  5303

I totally agree with you on this. Like been said by a few people before, why give an award for the current position when u have a user bar saying the same?

Also, why have 3 awards for admin trainers? I think 1 is enough imho.

And i liked the idea of just showing the total amount of awards for a person with a link to the actual awards. We already have Avatar, userbars, additional info and such there, no need for more, it will only look ugly..

It's not like everyone can get SA/CA/LG/AO/BD, so there is no point in having awards for that.

Awards for things such as being in the community for a period of time, making maps, making sigs, winning events. They should make achievements for that kinda things.

I want a VP, EX-BD, EX-AO, my 3 year tag, outstanding member tag, Graduate tag, Donator tag ( haven't most of us donated during our time here, Top Poster Award, Trainer tag (i've had to train admins before).

Actually never mind, the awards are conceited and the amount of work needed to go through all the active members and keep all this shit up to date is insane and reeks of partisanship and favoritism manifested in these trivial images.

Pointless.

No offense.

You guys have had seven months to vote/Veto this idea. But, whatever; do what you want with it, remove it whatever.

Edited by Crimson

• Content Count:  4354

I still think its a good idea, but it needs to be done right. It also needs to be managed. It's a good addition to the community, and I don't see why a Higher up could not handle the duty of making sure awards are handed out.

Also there is a plugin that's meant to help handle this. Auto gives awards to people that meet the goal for said award. Hate all you want for bringing this name up, but if EGO can manage the system and have a system there is no reason we could not have a working system in place too.

I have no problem doing the work if I was giving the rights to do so.

• Content Count:  2833

Sigh, and people wonder why the higher ups don't like to do things that we suggest. Because as soon as its implemented people immediately bash it with out even giving it a chance.

It's obviously still in the testing phase and not perfect, so constructive criticism is fine. But being ungrateful and completely undermining all the work and time that was put in to these additions is stupid and I wouldn't be surprised if the higher ups stop wasting their time to give us new and cool features.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  2115

What Ms. Blargh said. Higher ups are actual people who take their free time to implement something as great as this, and already you have so many people whining about this stuff. Even if you don't like it, try not to complain, and I'm not saying to NOT voice your opinion, but don't complain, rather we should appreciate what we've been given and live with it.

/rant.

Reply to Thread