? servers

? players online

Should SG get a newsletter  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should SG get a newsletter

Steamgamers Newsletter V3?

• Content Count:  1765

*Not trolling, just giving my input*

http://www.steam-gamers.net/members.php (Full list of all SA+)

Can't we review the servers in the forums for that server as we have been already doing?

We also have a Game Review section and art section?

Edit:

Also, how many people do you think would actually read a Newletter emailed or pm'd? I would think most people would just trash it, wouldn't want to put alot of effort into something that I don't believe is really needed.

But thats just my opinion, giving you my thoughts.

Agree 150%

I wouldn't want that shit clogging my email every week when its already on the forums so easily accessible.

• Content Count:  3341

Here is the thing. I love the idea and it will sure have some impact on the community, but who's gonna do it? TA's are busy with their things, AO's have their own shit, BD's same thing as AO's, LG are too lazy (*Cough luxz0rz cough), CA's need to train new admins. The only people that can actually do it are SA's. Then we will have to make a special group, and new position... It's just too much work.

I love the idea, but I don't think it will work out.

• Content Count:  5303

Here is the thing. I love the idea and it will sure have some impact on the community, but who's gonna do it? TA's are busy with their things, AO's have their own shit, BD's same thing as AO's, LG are too lazy (*Cough luxz0rz cough), CA's need to train new admins. The only people that can actually do it are SA's. Then we will have to make a special group, and new position... It's just too much work.

I love the idea, but I don't think it will work out.

TA's - Don't do shit, they promoted Tyrant to AA because they weren't adding admins like they were supposed to

AO's - Those who do work, they're busy.

LG/CA - They don't do anything expect for post in admin apps and go to bi-weekly meeting. They dont train admins like you say they do, just bunch of lazy noobs!

SA's - Don't you have guys have people to ban?

As for this idea, I thought of doing monthly "Newsletter", but I never got response to it.

The idea would be, instead of weekly thread for promotions, we add it to the Newsletter and whatever else might be considered "news" (For Example, New maps, new Admins, New Servers, Admin Training Sessions, Community events, etc)

It wouldn't be Emailed to people, but rather monthly thread. It wouldn't be hard to do, lets just say I managed the newsletter, Tyrant would send me list of promotions, I would add all the admin training dates, look for new servers, our "EC's" would PM events. Overall, I wouldn't be extremly hard. But, thats just me adding to this topic with suggestions.

Edited by Crimson

• Content Count:  1405

It wouldn't be Emailed to people, but rather monthly thread. It wouldn't be hard to do, lets just say I managed the newsletter, Tyrant would send me list of promotions, I would add all the admin training dates, look for new servers, our "EC's" would PM events. Overall, I wouldn't be extremly hard. But, thats just me adding to this topic with suggestions.

I think it'd be a waste of time, because what we're doing now is just fine. I think the "Announcement" thread should be used for a Newsletter, we need to use it more, not just for promotions

• Content Count:  2206

Sounds like a good idea, but before it is implemented you would need to find dedicated members that are willing to take on this challenge before setting up everything.

• Content Count:  11725

TA's - Don't do shit, they promoted Tyrant to AA because they weren't adding admins like they were supposed to

AO's - Those who do work, they're busy.

LG/CA - They don't do anything expect for post in admin apps and go to bi-weekly meeting. They dont train admins like you say they do, just bunch of lazy noobs!

SA's - Don't you have guys have people to ban?

As for this idea, I thought of doing monthly "Newsletter", but I never got response to it.

The idea would be, instead of weekly thread for promotions, we add it to the Newsletter and whatever else might be considered "news" (For Example, New maps, new Admins, New Servers, Admin Training Sessions, Community events, etc)

This.

And how can you guys say its a waste of time...you wont be doing anything.

I'll give my time up to do a small 400-600 word thread lol.

How can it be that hard.

Reply to Thread