? servers

? players online

Monthly Donations

• Content Count:  2051

Others took the low road with their reply,

Because it is quite obvious what you are doing here, and trust me, the majority, especially the ones who been here when you were BD see it as a invective move. You are just ruining your own rep around here...again. If you are wondering why I'm so butt hurt, your posts, on and off becomes so offensive, go read it over and see how close of a jackass you sound.

• Like 1
Guest barackobama
Goes to the pool in the vacation house in Europe, (all bought with the donation money) that the BDs swim in rather than working on SG community. Or it goes to the Drama Starting Prevention program we are working on. Your pick. If you want me to be more of a jerk that can be arranged. Cause I can cut pretty deep, so go ahead, keep it up. It'll be like last time.

Second time I've ever thanked anyone on here..

So I think it's the Drama Starting Prevention program! Thanks Mr.Cloud!

• Content Count:  1300

Thank you for answering this for me Jager. Most of Jagers figures are close but he is a little on the high end and I no longer pay ServerSpy.net as they ripped me off and the site is abandoned.

Sorry Hag, wasnt something I was all too happy about, but see below for more on that. I also generally follow the what it cost the previous month figures as that at least is not likely to change given that we already paid them. But not to happy about putting any of this in the "public" record either nor the way it was gone about.

Jager thank you for answering the question. It all I was asking for. Others took the low road with their reply, but thank you for taking the time to give a real answer.

Suri the reason I answered at all (because It isnt my place to be honest) is because if/when haggard would answer wasn't a definite, and having donators get antsy because of unsubstantiated rumors flying on the public forums is a good way to discredit decent people.

Regardless of your personal reasons for posting the question you are an adult, a former BD, and certainly not an idiot. A PM to haggard would have sufficed easily. or even simply sayign hey i see X donation goal this month, why are we aiming for that instead of Y on the public forums.

The way you chose to go about posting and responding means If we (and by we I mean anyone) attempted to handle this privately the Higherups would get plastered with yet another "QQ they aren't telling us whats going on. there must be conspiracy and shenanigans afoot."

Haggard is the only one who knows exact numbers and figures and until he either appoints another Zero001 (or Red) to take over while he takes a vacation or has to step back, that is how it should be. There is no reason to publicly show what we pay or dont pay so that any other community can say well we only charge XYZ amount cheaper and offer the same services.

TBH while you are a top20 donate member, you have used that same tactic in the past to drive GSYN traffic. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you aren't being malicious, but why on earth you think a large portion of the Older SG community from 07-08 wouldn't look at this and go WTF is suri smoking, is rather astonishing.

I have ALWAYS made it a point from day 1 being here be it SA, LG, TA, whatever to handle the community with honesty and respect. Explain what I know and be clear when I don't. If there was an issue with misrepresentation or misappropriation of funding I would be one of the first to point it out and to bring it up as an issue, and here is why.

As i pointed out in my first post I do anywhere from 10-72 hours a week working here. that equates to a rounded figure of 3000 bucks on average to the community worth of work. Many times its not a 9-5 either its the same as the real world, you don't go to bed until the interruption is either fixed, or there is nothing left to do until next business day or ticket reply. That has turned into 24 and 48 hour marathons of work with haggard trying to piece back together hacked files, bad data, glitches with the host the shut down everything we rely on to run (which all we got later was a whoops yeah we "may" have played with security settings and screwed you guys, "sorry").

My point is that my time is valuable. If I am going to donate it to the community I wont stand for it being abused via bad accounting on one end, or shitty rumors of highup misuse on the other.

if you read nothing else then read below.

Throwing a goddamn temper tantrum infront of my desk because jimmy down the street told you that martha said I might be misusing your piggy bank is about as asinine a move as I have ever seen.

I am fucking tired of the drama ridden angsty crap that always comes with this stuff. Yes you donators have a right to know, you also have an actual fiduciary responsibility as a donator to follow proper protocols (as any donator, shareholder, or party in trust to an actual business) to follow basic standards of conduct when requesting information. Fire off a PM, fire off a multi party PM, Ask it in a non confrontational manner. not "we demand to know now and we think its drugs or whores or skimming off the top. and tell or we wont donate"

In the real world, that's the same as writing an email, asking a company for its quarterly report as a shareholder or donator, going to the business in person with an appointment to speak with their fiduciary agent. Instead you just fucking walked in with picket signs and loudspeakers to start with and didnt even bother really asking, but demanding and floating bullshit rumors. which is even more sad given your former rank and status as a trusted member of this community and a BD.

Time to put your big boy/girl pants on, learn to be civil and stop acting like your couple of hundred dollars entitles you to act like you are a child. If you choose to continue anyway, you lose the right to the moral high ground when you get treated like one.

• Like 5
Edited by Jager

• Content Count:  3736

I dont know the motivation behind suris post but I didnt see any malice..people choose to start drama out of this..

Anyway this is something i always wondered Im glad to know now...it didnt worry me enough to ask but I always wondered

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2034

I dont know the motivation behind suris post but I didnt see any malice..people choose to start drama out of this..

Anyway this is something i always wondered Im glad to know now...it didnt worry me enough to ask but I always wondered

There's a difference between handling things privately rather than airing them out in the open to start some e-drama.

• Content Count:  4473

There's a difference between handling things privately rather than airing them out in the open to start some e-drama.

There's been worse. This barely qualifies if you read into it a certain way.

Oh noes, I said this out in the open. Should have made a PM to say it. /e-drama

• Content Count:  4354

I am fine with Haggard taking money here and there to upgrade his PC. Or for anything else. The reason for this thread was to inform the donors where their money goes. I don't believe it ever has till now.

So thank you for the honest answer.

Edited by suricruise

• Content Count:  1765

Thanks Suri for asking the tough question (as it's mostly none of our business), even though it may have been looked down upon by some. I was actually curious as to what the answer would be. I mean, it's obvious that the money is put back into the community, but it was interesting to see where and how much it costs to run this community. Although Suri, advising the community not to donate if the question wasn't answered was a low-ball move in my opinion. If you ever thought our donations didn't go back to the community, then why did you ever donate?

Thanks to Jager and Haggard for answering the question though. It was much appreciated and I think gave current donators and future donators a good sense of where the money goes.

• Content Count:  2034

There's been worse. This barely qualifies if you read into it a certain way.

Oh noes, I said this out in the open. Should have made a PM to say it. /e-drama

Reply to Thread