? servers

? players online

Monthly Donations

• Content Count:  4354

Was thinking the other day, and since I have donated money to SG and part of the top 20. I would like to know where are hard earned money is going too.

Since this is a community run by the community's money I think its owed to us to know where our donations go each month. So I am asking for a detailed list to be posted.

1. Servers/Dedicated servers that are rented, and where they are rented from the the amount paid for said server/dedicated

2. Vent server. How much is the server and where do we rent it from?

3. Web hosting. I would also like to know how much our hosting plan is and where he are hosted.

I think this should be free for the community to see since you are asking for us to give $600 a month. I would like to see where my donations are going and how they are being used.

This should have been said when the community switched to donations only. Just now asking the question every one that donated should have asked.

• Like 7
Edited by suricruise

• Content Count:  4960

Don't think they will post the awnser in here :/

But i think they should show us, just because of the 600$ needed per month, but nobody knows where it's going (i know that's normally none of our business, but it would be nice to know)

• Content Count:  4360

Don't think they will post the awnser in here :/

But i think they should show us, just because of the 600$ needed per month, but nobody knows where it's going (i know that's normally none of our business, but it would be nice to know)

Actually its the donators business because that is their hard earned money.

• Content Count:  4960

Actually its the donators business because that is their hard earned money.

So people that donated can see it?

Or just a public cost review over the year?

Like a real company, they make a book about the whole year and publish it...

SG should need this monthly.

• Content Count:  4263

To all those people asking

nobody knows where it's going
, you know how it is spent...servers, vent, forums, software/mods (eg. zombiemod, gameME).

Suri even listed it in his post.

I'd reckon the dedi's probably cost between $200 and $400 a month depending on what the deal is with wolfservers (this just of looking at their advertised prices, so actual price may be different).

There are also one-off payments as well.

And also, not all the funds always come straight from the donations, some is gifted to the community by some of the higher ups.

Edited by Jaffa

Reply to Thread