? servers

? players online

NBA Playoffs

• Content Count:  1950

I enjoy the NCAA just as much as the NBA.

The NBA does change like every other professional sport but it takes a few years. Their are only so many guys on a team so really the teams remain to have the same starters on their rosters. Baseball is a lot worse then the NBA though. If the Yankees or Red Sox don't make it then it's like the world is ending for baseball. If both teams don't make it then it would be the end of baseball as we know it.

• Content Count:  2417

I enjoy the NCAA just as much as the NBA.

The NBA does change like every other professional sport but it takes a few years. Their are only so many guys on a team so really the teams remain to have the same starters on their rosters. Baseball is a lot worse then the NBA though. If the Yankees or Red Sox don't make it then it's like the world is ending for baseball. If both teams don't make it then it would be the end of baseball as we know it.

The only thing I can't stand in the NBA is the refs. I can understand a few bad calls but can they make it any more obvious they want a Lakers vs. Cavs/Magic finals??

The only thing I can't stand in the NBA is the refs. I can understand a few bad calls but can they make it any more obvious they want a Lakers vs. Cavs/Magic finals??

Refs are never perfect and I have seen games where the Cavs have got all the calls and where they couldn't get a call. I hate when people say that the NBA is rigged just because it clearly isn't. The great thing about replay is that you can see where fouls are committed and where they aren't. In some cases their is a lot of flopping going on and at times I think that being an NBA ref would be extremely hard. At times I think that the refs can be biased but at the same time I know that they aren't just because if that were true then the finals would be New York and LA every year so the NBA could make a ton of money. Everyone wanted a Cavs vs Lakers final last year but that didn't happen. I mean calls can influence a game but bad reffing calls cannot change the game from a win to a lose unless the bad calls are so obvious and one sided.

Refs are never perfect and I have seen games where the Cavs have got all the calls and where they couldn't get a call. I hate when people say that the NBA is rigged just because it clearly isn't. The great thing about replay is that you can see where fouls are committed and where they aren't. In some cases their is a lot of flopping going on and at times I think that being an NBA ref would be extremely hard. At times I think that the refs can be biased but at the same time I know that they aren't just because if that were true then the finals would be New York and LA every year so the NBA could make a ton of money. Everyone wanted a Cavs vs Lakers final last year but that didn't happen. I mean calls can influence a game but bad reffing calls cannot change the game from a win to a lose unless the bad calls are so obvious and one sided.

Even if you gave Knicks calls, they would never make it to the playoffs.

Dm0k2rqEeJQ

Even if you gave Knicks calls, they would never make it to the playoffs.

Dm0k2rqEeJQ

No not this year but the NBA would rig it so that the Knicks and Lakers would make it to the finals every single year.

I don't really understand that video there. Are they trying to say that what LeBron did was a travel because you can do that. You may jump off one foot and as long as you land on two you are ok. It's not an "up and down" it is a jump stop, you can even do that in high school basketball as well.

No not this year but the NBA would rig it so that the Knicks and Lakers would make it to the finals every single year.

I don't really understand that video there. Are they trying to say that what LeBron did was a travel because you can do that. You may jump off one foot and as long as you land on two you are ok. It's not an "up and down" it is a jump stop, you can even do that in high school basketball as well.

Once his dribble stopped, he jumped and came back down. Once you stop dribbling and you jump, you need to shoot or pass while in the air. You can't come back down without a travel. Even Reggie Miller (who's in love with the refs most of the time) said it was a travel. So did Doc, so did the bench, and so did the players.

You may jump off one foot and as long as you land on two you are ok. .

Can you show me where it says that because in years of watching the NBA, I've never heard or seen anything about "jumping off one foot is fine". The rules say you can do that IF you're progressing which he was until he stopped dribbling and started walking.

Also who turned Rondo into Bird?

Edited by TheTruth

• Content Count:  636

lol that is a travel.

Orlando Magic to take it all.

I don't see the Lakers winning against the Magic or Cavs this year.

Edited by Cookie

Once his dribble stopped, he jumped and came back down. Once you stop dribbling and you jump, you need to shoot or pass while in the air. You can't come back down without a travel. Even Reggie Miller (who's in love with the refs most of the time) said it was a travel. So did Doc, so did the bench, and so did the players.

Can you show me where it says that because in years of watching the NBA, I've never heard or seen anything about "jumping off one foot is fine". The rules say you can do that IF you're progressing which he was until he stopped dribbling and started walking.

Also who turned Rondo into Bird?

-A player who lands with one foot first may only pivot using that foot. A progressing player who jumps off one foot on the first step may land with both feet simultaneously for the second step. In this situation, the player may not pivot with either foot and if one or both feet leave the floor the ball must be released before either returns to the floor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveling_%28basketball%29#NBA

Same thing goes for the NCAA above. It says if the player leaves the floor they must land on both feet. This is legal. He was still progressing and didn't stop at least from what I could see. He picked up his dribble as he was progressing, he gathered (but didn't stop), jumped off one foot, and clearly landed on two which is in the rulebook for the 2009-2010 season. I mean the only time I saw anyone stopped during that play is when the creator of that video froze the picture. If you watch it in regular speed i clearly do not see him travel anywhere.

Of course the opposing team is going to want the call blown the other way for them. What opposing team in any sport doesn't want calls to go their way? Reggie Miller may say that it was a travel but that doesn't make it one.

Rondo turned into Bird when he is the entire team and has the worst guards in the NBA guarding him....

Rondo turned into Bird when he is the entire team and has the worst guards in the NBA guarding him....

This is fucking hilarious. Allen has 18 points and don't even try to blame the guards when it's just Brown not knowing who to put on Rondo. I love Cavs/Magic/Lakers fans that try to say the Celtics (They call it Big 3 for a reason) have one player who's the whole team. Yea, you're right Lebron/Dwight/Kobe.

Might as well put a 33 on his back.

vNpQCbHHdUc

Reply to Thread