? servers

? players online

NBA Playoffs

• Content Count:  2417

I swear, NBA refs are the worst officiators of any sport. Not only do they fuck up the personal foul on Perkins, Rush has the nerve to call a tech on Perk WHEN HES NOT EVEN LOOKING AT RUSH!!! You're supposed to walk away if you're pissed off about a call and thats what he did and he STILL got the tech.

So now because of idiot refs:

Perkins (best low post defender for Boston) is ejected because of 2 techs.

An extra 2 points for Orlando.

David Stern is laughing because he knows he won't do shit about it.

/rant and enjoy the game.

• Content Count:  1765

I swear, NBA refs are the worst officiators of any sport. Not only do they fuck up the personal foul on Perkins, Rush has the nerve to call a tech on Perk WHEN HES NOT EVEN LOOKING AT RUSH!!! You're supposed to walk away if you're pissed off about a call and thats what he did and he STILL got the tech.

Not only was he ejected this game, but it was his 6th and 7th Tech of the playoffs. If the NBA doesn't reverse any of the tech's from this game, then he will serve a 1 game suspension, meaning no Perkins for Game 6 in Bean town.

Not only was he ejected this game, but it was his 6th and 7th Tech of the playoffs. If the NBA doesn't reverse any of the tech's from this game, then he will serve a 1 game suspension, meaning no Perkins for Game 6 in Bean town.

Dude this is crazy. Now Rondo get T'd up and Baby looks like he had a stroke or something. Shit this is getting out of hand. OH and look at the replay! After Howard NAILS Pierce (should have been obvious flagrant) JUMPS on Big Baby after Nate Robinson blocks the shit out of him. Dirty, dirty, dirty.

If the NBA doesn't take it back, Donaghy much?

Missed the first 3 quarters, but saw Glen Davis stumble crazy.

Was this a football game?

The way the referees let the game play, yes. It was a fucking football game.

• Content Count:  2034

"If a player of Kobe's stature collides with the likes of Raja Bell, the call will almost always go for Kobe and against Bell. As part of our ongoing training and game preparation, NBA referees regularly receive game-action video tape from the league office. Over the years, I have reviewed many recorded hours of video involving Raja Bell. The footage I analyzed usually illustrated fouls being called against Bell, rarely for him. The message was subtle but clear — call fouls against the star stopper because he's hurting the game."

"If Kobe Bryant had two fouls in the first or second quarter and went to the bench, one referee would tell the other two, "Kobe's got two fouls. Let's make sure that if we call a foul on him, it's an obvious foul, because otherwise he's gonna go back to the bench. If he is involved in a play where a foul is called, give the foul to another player."

There's a lot more.

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read

"If a player of Kobe's stature collides with the likes of Raja Bell, the call will almost always go for Kobe and against Bell. As part of our ongoing training and game preparation, NBA referees regularly receive game-action video tape from the league office. Over the years, I have reviewed many recorded hours of video involving Raja Bell. The footage I analyzed usually illustrated fouls being called against Bell, rarely for him. The message was subtle but clear — call fouls against the star stopper because he's hurting the game."

"If Kobe Bryant had two fouls in the first or second quarter and went to the bench, one referee would tell the other two, "Kobe's got two fouls. Let's make sure that if we call a foul on him, it's an obvious foul, because otherwise he's gonna go back to the bench. If he is involved in a play where a foul is called, give the foul to another player."

There's a lot more.

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read

Here's a nice little fact I found out yesterday: Tim Donaghy and Joe Crawford went to the same high school. Coincidence? I think not!!!

Love how Dwight can foul everyone and not get called for it. It's just great! Pushing Pierces arm while he's falling? No foul. Elbowing Big Baby after Nate Robinson blocks him? Nope.

Completely terrible. You eject a starting center for a team that needs him, and then take the foul back AFTER THE GAME IS OVER. This made me lol: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=pollindex&pollId=91680

Edit: Also for those of you who did not see the foul + tech here is this horror of officiating:

(sorry it's not in English)

DnFryAiGLRM

Edited by TheTruth

Reply to Thread