? servers

? players online

Are these temperatures safe for my computer?

• Content Count:  522

Modern GPU's are designed to take a lot of heat; like Red said triple digits is pushing it, if it becomes a larger problem clean out the case (dust bunnies kill hardware if left) and obviously make sure the fans are working properly, if not buy new ones..

even if your hardware can take it, as it gets hotter it just become more and more inefficient anyways.

• Content Count:  470

That's probably your CPU McBride. CPU's really shouldn't get over 80, although they'll still function. They also idle at low temps, since when they idle very little is going on. GPUs, on the other hand, have to process the desktop and send signals to the monitor when they idle, so they already won't idle very low. And they do much more work at full load. (A lot of the temps discussed were GPU temps.)

However, if that is your GPU, do you mind telling me which model it is?

• Content Count:  6712

My idle temp is about 43-45c....thought it might be higher seeing as how I've opened my case up to clean it once in 4-5 years...and it was maybe 3 years ago.

• Content Count:  6741

My idle Temp is generally @ like 35c for CPU and roughly 49-51c on load. My GPU use to be about 44c on load but has shot up to 69c since the cooling fan broke and I took off the heatsink (yeah I know I need to replace it). Not to mention I've probably turned my computer off about 4 times in the past year. Shutting down/starting up is just a waste of time..

• Content Count:  441

Is an AMD Phenom II X4 810 CPU @ ~57C, and a ASUS EAH5750 @ ~79C for over 12 hours an okay temperature? Or am I pushing it too hard?

They are both clocked at stock.

Are these temperatures safe for my computer? How about for a few days at a time at these temperatures?

Or am I going to fuck up my hardware?

Lol, the CPU on my phone is safe until 60C. You should be fine.

• Content Count:  1324

That's probably your CPU McBride. CPU's really shouldn't get over 80, although they'll still function. They also idle at low temps, since when they idle very little is going on. GPUs, on the other hand, have to process the desktop and send signals to the monitor when they idle, so they already won't idle very low. And they do much more work at full load. (A lot of the temps discussed were GPU temps.)

However, if that is your GPU, do you mind telling me which model it is?

My GPU idled at 30c when the ball bearings were broke on it's shitty small fan. Now I'm using a 120mm fan sitting on top of two hard drive trays and my soundcard. 40c idle, never above 60c load. Then again, it's only a shitty 4850.

My idle Temp is generally @ like 35c for CPU and roughly 49-51c on load. My GPU use to be about 44c on load but has shot up to 69c since the cooling fan broke and I took off the heatsink (yeah I know I need to replace it). Not to mention I've probably turned my computer off about 4 times in the past year. Shutting down/starting up is just a waste of time..

What are your electric bills like?

Reply to Thread