? servers

? players online

Best music making software?

• Content Count:  11725

I'm going to say two things.

1. Vocaloid.

2. I forget the name of it but my friend has been using it for years now.

Something called beatbox or something.

I'll try to find out.

• Content Count:  283

do you mean programming pretty much everything, or are you wanting to record yourself playing a guitar or keyboard and vocals?

there might be better software if you are programming synths and such, but for mixing guitar tracks and such, i use Sony Acid Music Studio. They make a cheap version ($50) and then one thats a few hundred bucks. i have the cheaper one and it works out perfect for doing what i do. id recommend starting out with a cheap or Lite version of some software, and when you start getting really good at it, buy something with a big more plugins and post-processing features.

I know a lot of people use Audacity like barber mentioned. Ableton Live is another pretty good one that i have a little experience with, but for now im going to stick with sony acid music studio. the industry standard is Pro Tools. I know there are different version of that, cheap to really expensive, but I dont have any experience there.

if you want, i can take a screenshot of what acid studio looks like and i can briefly explain some of the things about it?

Reply to Thread