? servers

? players online

What languages do you know?

• Content Count:  2034

American: Fuck yeah I know my country's language, best believe it y'all.

Spanish: Took two levels of it in high school because it was required... didn't like it.

Hebrew: I've been to Israel so I know a few phrases in modern Hebrew, but I'm completely able to read and speak ancient Hebrew.

Believe it or not, planning to learn Arabic in university...

• Content Count:  706

Not speaking from personal experience...but I'm fairly sure that Danish, Norwegian and Swedish have languages which can to an extent be understood by each other. :confused1:

I'm English.....everyone wants to learn English so I have no need to learn another language.

I took Spanish for 2 years at school.....learnt the basics but I've lost most of it now. If I learnt a language it'd probably be that......I probably won't though.

Correct. Danish and Norwegian are the most like tho.

[nerd]But all 3 countries have been a part of Denmark so Swedish and Norwegian are like extensions for Danish.[/nerd]

On topic:

Danish: Fluent.

Norwegian: Basics, I can read but not write and speak it.

Swedish: same as above

English: Almost fluent if I have to judge myself.

German: very little.

French: learning

Btw sorry for the little amount no colors, im writing this in a rush

• Content Count:  1079

:bump:

For new people: what languages do you know?

For people who've already posted in this thread: have you learned more in languages? Meaning, do you speak one more fluently or have you begun the process of learning another?

---

I personally have improved all three foreign languages, but haven't begun a fourth. Since my school will start offering Mandarin next year, I may start learning that soon. Of course, the real challenge is not just learning Mandarin, but trying not to forget my Swedish; even though my pronunciation is still iffy, I sound less American when speaking Swedish than before :)

Reply to Thread