? servers

? players online

CS:S Blackscreened

• Content Count:  2283

Hey, whenever I minimize CS:S and open it back up I get this black screen. Technically I'm still in-game and can still aim and fire, but all I see is black(It's like being ma_blinded).

On the old CS:S this never happened. I could minimize all I wanted and nothing would happen. Nobody except for me has this problem so I doubt anyone will find a solution, but it's worth a shot.

• Content Count:  2085

Stupid question, but did you verify your game cache? (that is what Valve will always tell you to do first).

If that doesn't help, try playing windowed instead of full-screen.

• Content Count:  2283

Stupid question, but did you verify your game cache? (that is what Valve will always tell you to do first).

If that doesn't help, try playing windowed instead of full-screen.

No, I guess I'll do that and get back with you.

How is it stupid?

• Content Count:  2085

I didn't mean your question was stupid, sorry. I meant my question (reply?) about verifying cache was sorta stupid (as it's what EVERYONE says, but it surprisingly fixes problems sometimes).

• Content Count:  470

Almost every program has a generic list like that. For instance, delete clientregistry.blob (or whatever it's called...). I know that when I deleted that my minimizing was acting differently, so it may help if verifying the cache doesn't.

Not sure why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It could have something to do with reinitializing directX, although how it works exactly is beyond me.

Reply to Thread