? servers

? players online

Bring back the old admin promotion.

• Content Count:  5086

hey now missy, you aren't the only one working on stuff :p

I know, I was thinking of how to reply and didn't add in that the BD's don't really need another pointless thing to keep track of. =P

• Content Count:  3736

No, it was a old system and if it was so great they wouldnt have had to replace it in the first place. It will also be way too much input that is unneeded where the CAs cut this down by being the ones who carry out admin promotions. Pretty much, less paper work and man power with the system we have now then having half or all SAs give their two cents.

convenience might mean better for some but not for all...

and the whole buddy voting thing, really???

Im not saying this new system is bad but not better. your entire argument is invalid imo... this one let plenty of idiots through.. and actually we had admins go rogue with the old one but at the time of the promotion most these guys were very qualified for the job. With the new system I dont think thats accurate..though that was somewhat fixed with the admin training.

Edited by trakaill

• Content Count:  1802

CA's need more power than us bc it makes them feel special, so the way its going now is good.

I didn't kiss ass when i was apprentice, I didn't go on vent and I ostly play on ze.

But I have to agree, there are not many CA's on escape.

• Content Count:  3440

First off don't forget that LG's have a vote as well.

Personally I found quite a bit of your arguements insulting.

I try to make sure what little time I'm online I look at who's in-game and using a different Steam aact. Join that server and watch for myself how applicants and SG-A's are acting.

There is far more time and effort that goes into the current process to do what's best for the community than there ever was under the old system.

I have said this before and I'll throw it out there again. If you have any questions PM me and I will gladly help where/when I can.

I have to agree with Caution's response.

Note: If you haven't bothered asking about your status until now how are we to know you even care if you're promoted or not?

I could go on for pages and pages but typing this much out on an iPhone was a pain.

• Content Count:  8383

convenience might mean better for some but not for all...

and the whole buddy voting thing, really???

Im not saying this new system is bad but not better. your entire argument is invalid imo... this one let plenty of idiots through.. and actually we had admins go rogue with the old one but at the time of the promotion most these guys were very qualified for the job. With the new system I dont think thats accurate..though that was somewhat fixed with the admin training.

Qualified how? lol Since supporters didnt have any powers before they got their admin, the system we have now lets others know what a person will be like with those powers and also allows them to learn the guidelines before becoming a full blown SA.

lol If you want to talk about invalid arguments I think you just made one. The old system is done with, get over it and move on.

• Content Count:  156

Note: If you haven't bothered asking about your status until now how are we to know you even care if you're promoted or not?

I have not asked because I was told by a CA when I first joined that asking about my status for promotion will postpone it or will just get me removed from the program, thus I did not.

Sorry if you felt insulted by my opinion but it is just an opinion.

• Content Count:  1324

I like having a small group of people vote on who gets a promotion. This community is too big to allow the rest of the members to decide.

Also, I did not in any way shape or form put this idea into Hotshot's head..

• Content Count:  2959

The new system is not a popularity contest, there are plenty of people who have admin right now that were given it even though CAs didn't get along with them. The old system was nothing but a circle-jerk of +1ing and self-entitlement that led to getting asshats like Hunter as admins. At least now we've got the apprentice period and multiple review stages to try and weed people like that out.

• Content Count:  1262

I think the system right now works pretty well. I havent seen a single admin screw up that has been promoted through this system since I joined the community.

The only things I have seen are people becoming totally inactive after being promoted, and people I've never seen getting promoted *Although this is most likely because they play ZE or TTT, while I stick mainly to pb, trikz, and Minigames.*

Reply to Thread