? servers

? players online

College Tuition

• Content Count:  6084

Well I'm supposed to get involved in the community, so I decided to post something interesting to myself atleast.

For those of you in college right now or applying what is your tuition fees/overall cost of living?

....At Stetson University I'm looking at $40,000 a freaking year.

• Content Count:  4263

At the moment i'm in my 3rd year of uni in england. I pay tuition fees of £1000 a year, plus monthly rent of £290. My total bills (between me and my 2 housemates) comes to £170 a month(ish). I get a student loan of c.£3000 a year (which i have to pay back). Outside of the loan i have probably spent £4000-£5000 on daily living costs, plus going out, travelling, amsterdam (3 times), incl. things like pc stuff, games, digital camera

• Content Count:  289

I am double major in accounting and economics/financial services and a minor in pre-law and I go to Widener University in Chester Pa. I am also a Junior.

http://www.widener.edu

Its about $45,000 a year if you stay on campus. Although, it is a top college. Not the best but pretty damn good.

Here are the prices to show you.

http://www.widener.edu/sfs/cost.asp

• Content Count:  670

Midway through first semester and $50000 to pay back already. Yay $40000+ in fees on top of tuition for four years.

I had a scholarship for tuition + room and board but I'm gonna lose it after this semester.

• Content Count:  1230

Rofl. Stetson in FL?

Are you a FL resident? If so, apply to FSU (circa 3-5 K tuition)

(when i went a SEMESTER was 1500 for 16 creds) or FIU - 2K for t uition (in state values)

^^^ what he said. Public universities in Florida are very inexpensive for residents. Schools can be anywhere between $2000-$6000 per semester for 16 credit hours. Toss in $500 per semester for books and another $500 for whatever health, facility and lab fees they charge and you're looking at $3000-$7000 per semester.

At most $17,500 per year if you include 8 hours in the summer. Food and board is really up to you.

• Content Count:  2936

Yea. Whenever I have kids, to FL they shall go.

The other states with all their taxes, STILL dont get the same value of ed on a dollar basis that you do in FL. At least at FSU for my 20K in undergrad loans there were a lot of hot women.

Stetson is private from what i understand, at least that is what colleagues of mine from the law school have told me.

except it costs somewhere between 30-50 for tuition. I didnt want to shell out 150K for Law. 120-30 is my upper limit @ a private school that was once tier 2

• Content Count:  6084

Rofl. Stetson in FL?

Are you a FL resident? If so, apply to FSU (circa 3-5 K tuition)

(when i went a SEMESTER was 1500 for 16 creds) or FIU - 2K for t uition (in state values)

I'm planning on dual-majoring in Political Science/International Studies and Russian Relations. Stetson is the ONLY school in Florida that offers four years in russian and a major in it. There is less than ten schools nationwide I think that offer a four year program in russian anyways.

Add as far as scholarships go:

I have FL Prepaid-$2500

Bright Futures 100%:-$4000

Superintendents Diploma of Distinction: $4000?

Any student majoring in russian is automatically funded by State Department for another $4000.

My future employers offer $14000 a year as well.

So thats $28500 Only $11500 to go. :001_cool:

Edited by PotshotPolka

Reply to Thread