? servers

? players online

College Tuition

• Content Count:  2936

I'm planning on dual-majoring in Political Science/International Studies and Russian Relations. Stetson is the ONLY school in Florida that offers four years in russian and a major in it. There is less than ten schools nationwide I think that offer a four year program in russian anyways.

Add as far as scholarships go:

I have FL Prepaid-$2500

Bright Futures 100%:-$4000

Superintendents Diploma of Distinction: $4000?

Any student majoring in russian is automatically funded by State Department for another $4000.

My future employers offer $14000 a year as well.

So thats $28500 Only $11500 to go. :001_cool:

Yea man, I "planned" to be a double english and poli-sci major because it didnt have math... and it wasnt that bright. In the end, my major i graduated with was less than desireable in the market. I was set on law school since Prior to 1st grade though, and there was no question of where i was going, despite my major.

As for Russian

I took 2 years of russian at FSU, it was okay. I dont mean to criticize, but being that I took the "arts" major and only found salvation in law school, I would add "finance" or business somewhere in there. PS major is pretty much "sit and spin" and unless you are going to take full advantage of travel abroad, work for state dept, etc. (salaries suck compared to priv. sector after 5 years) it seems pointless in the long run for that much debt for undergrad. Its like going to college for philosophy @ 50K a year

It's your major and your money though.

Cold war is over, and they dont have the financial clout to make them worth me learning more than zdravstvuytye, menya zovut Legalsmash.

If I could do it all over again: I'd learn mandarin or jap, at FSU, for a LOT cheaper, and go investment business/industrial engineering, spend an extra year drinking beer, cradle robbing at 18ers, and gaming while finishing the program.

But again, have fun.

Best of luck @ finding the money... there are grant books in the West Miami Dade County Library on Coral way (24 st) and 97 Ave that have all sorts of free money grants from everything from being left handed to having undescended testicles. I had a scholarship for being left handed AND cuban. It was like 100 buck, but its worth 100 less that you have to borrow at todays lovely LIBOR rates.

• Content Count:  6559

If I could do it all over again: I'd learn mandarin or jap, at FSU, for a LOT cheaper, and go investment business/industrial engineering, spend an extra year drinking beer, cradle robbing at 18ers, and gaming while finishing the program.

Memories.

I do miss 18ers in Japan/France, and I didn't have to pay 40 freaking thousand dollars, Jesus.

Edited by Red

For 40k you could probably go to the University of Moscow and pay for plane tickets, housing etc etc while being immersed in the language.

Becoming a diplomat and working for the US state department is not that easy.

30% pass the written, and of those, only 10% pass the oral. Then you aren't even assured of getting to go to your first country of choice.

And the pay is SHIT.

*I tried this route myself, and have some family friends who are diplomats.

Better off becoming a translator for some Russian oil company, or American company.

Reply to Thread