? servers

? players online

College Football is here!!!

• Content Count:  8383

Why would it be embarrassing?

TCU is a damn good team.

It would be less embarrassing then if Ohio State lost to Arkansas, IMO.

TCU good? lmao No, its a fucking WAC team that is only undefeated because it doesnt play hardly anyone just like when Hawaii went undefeated a few years ago. Big ten team losing to WAC would be like a SEC team losing to a ACC team or Sun Belt team, Arkansas is a SEC team which Big ten always has problems with so it wouldnt be embarrassing as much as it would be just expected by most people for Big ten to lose against SEC teams.

Although, you trying to compare TCU to Arkansas almost made me laugh a lung out. :p

Edited by Drox

• Content Count:  1765

TCU good? lmao No, its a fucking WAC team that is only undefeated because it doesnt play hardly anyone just like when Hawaii went undefeated a few years ago. Big ten team losing to WAC would be like a SEC team losing to a ACC team or Sun Belt team, Arkansas is a SEC team which Big ten always has problems with so it wouldnt be embarrassing as much as it would be just expected by most people for Big ten to lose against SEC teams.

Although, you trying to compare TCU to Arkansas almost made me laugh a lung out. :p

First off, let me correct you once again... TCU plays in the Mountain West and soon to be in the Big East. Boise State plays in the WAC.

Besides, what difference does the conference you play in make? TCU is a good fucking team, they are coached well, and they are not #3 in the nation by fluke.

I will give you a few examples of teams that play in bad conferences who beat teams in power conferences in BCS games:

Utah over Pitt

Boise State over Oklahoma

Utah over Alabama

And last year I think Boise State and TCU would have loved to play a team from a AQ conference and probably would have won/made it a good game, but instead got stuck playing each other for the second consecutive season.

But, I can already see you are one of those people who think football is only played in one of the AQ conferences. And for that, I feel bad for your close mindedness.

If you honestly think Wisconsin is going to go to the Rose Bowl and throttle TCU, then you sir, have no clue what your talking about.

First off, let me correct you once again... TCU plays in the Mountain West and soon to be in the Big East. Boise State plays in the WAC.

My mistake, they use to be apart of the WAC, either way Mountain west is shit and Big East isnt much better

Besides, what difference does the conference you play in make? TCU is a good fucking team, they are coached well, and they are not #3 in the nation by fluke.

A lot, unless your playing a lot of big teams out of your conference (Which is rare). TCU is #3 because of their record last year and being undeafeted this year. When your undefeated with 90% of teams with atleast 1 lost its hard for them not to put you in the top 5.

I will give you a few examples of teams that play in bad conferences who beat teams in power conferences in BCS games:

Utah over Pitt

Boise State over Oklahoma

Utah over Alabama

Are you talking about past years? If thats the case stop while your ahead since we are talking about now, Im sure anyone can dig far enough in the years college football has been going on and find plenty of upsets.

And last year I think Boise State and TCU would have loved to play a team from a AQ conference and probably would have won/made it a good game, but instead got stuck playing each other for the second consecutive season.

There is a reason they got stuck together, because they both didnt belong there.

But, I can already see you are one of those people who think football is only played in one of the AQ conferences. And for that, I feel bad for your close mindedness.

lol How is it close mindedness to know that conferences become better from more good teams it has then one who only has 1 with a bunch of shitty teams, maybe your being close minded more then I about conferences and the importance of having a strong conference to better football programs within them.

If you honestly think Wisconsin is going to go to the Rose Bowl and throttle TCU, then you sir, have no clue what your talking about.

Lmao, I think your the one who doesnt know a damn thing your talking about.

vs. Oregon State W, 30-21

vs. Tennessee Tech W, 62-7

vs. Baylor W, 45-10

at SMU W, 41-24

at Colorado State W, 27-0

vs Wyoming W, 45-0

vs BYU W, 31-3

vs Air Force W, 38-7

at UNLV W, 48-6

at Utah W, 47-7

vs San Diego State W, 40-35

at New Mexico W, 66-17

yea, talk about rough teams what was I talking about, TCU are so badass. lol get fucking real guy

lol gtfo

Edited by Drox

lol gtfo

Oh boy, where to start...

I only brought up the past games because those were 3 games that Non-AQ teams played AQ teams in the BCS and won. The only non-AQ team to play in a BCS game and lose is Hawaii. And everyone knew that Hawaii team wasn't that good. They benefited from the Utah and Boise State teams that won the years before.

However, this season is a bit different. Last year everyone saw the emergence of TCU and Boise State. They were both solid on both sides of the ball and on special teams. And they were rewarded with very high poll positions to begin the year as they returned nearly the entire team.

True, TCU didn't play an overly difficult schedule. It's tough when you plan your schedule years in advance. Just because they played inferior opponents doesn't mean they are not a good football team. I'm guessing you have never seen them play before.

I'm not close minded about anything. If TCU or Boise State played in the Pac-10/SEC/Big 10, then no, they probably wouldn't be undefeated. But, whose to say they wouldn't?

Man, now I have this whole new reason to root for TCU in the Rose Bowl. And I actually like Wisconsin.

But I'm not trying to change your mind about anything. I just don't understand how you think TCU sucks, because that is completely false.

Oh boy, where to start...

I only brought up the past games because those were 3 games that Non-AQ teams played AQ teams in the BCS and won. The only non-AQ team to play in a BCS game and lose is Hawaii. And everyone knew that Hawaii team wasn't that good. They benefited from the Utah and Boise State teams that won the years before.

However, this season is a bit different. Last year everyone saw the emergence of TCU and Boise State. They were both solid on both sides of the ball and on special teams. And they were rewarded with very high poll positions to begin the year as they returned nearly the entire team.

True, TCU didn't play an overly difficult schedule. It's tough when you plan your schedule years in advance. Just because they played inferior opponents doesn't mean they are not a good football team. I'm guessing you have never seen them play before.

I'm not close minded about anything. If TCU or Boise State played in the Pac-10/SEC/Big 10, then no, they probably wouldn't be undefeated. But, whose to say they wouldn't?

Man, now I have this whole new reason to root for TCU in the Rose Bowl. And I actually like Wisconsin.

But I'm not trying to change your mind about anything. I just don't understand how you think TCU sucks, because that is completely false.

For the sake of not making this into a big argument that might get this topic locked I'll just reply with this. I never said TCU completely sucks, Ive seen them play quite a bit as well as boise st since I was curious to why they were both ranked so high this year.

However, I just dont feel TCU is good enough to beat Wisconsin since Ive seen first hand how well Wisconsin can play as well against pretty good teams this year. TCU didnt play anyone really rough besides Oklahoma st which was probably their only close game. TCU yea ran up the score on a lot of teams this year but on teams that werent that good and thats where my problem with TCU lies. You cant judge a team for being good when all they play is fluff teams.

Edited by Drox

For the sake of not making this into a big argument that might get this topic locked I'll just reply with this. I never said TCU completely sucks, Ive seen them play quite a bit as well as boise st since I was curious to why they were both ranked so high this year.

However, I just dont feel TCU is good enough to beat Wisconsin since Ive seen first hand how well Wisconsin can play as well against pretty good teams this year. TCU didnt play anyone really rough besides Oklahoma st which was probably their only close game. TCU yea ran up the score on a lot of teams this year but on teams that werent that good and thats where my problem with TCU lies. You cant judge a team for being good when all they play is fluff teams.

TCU never played Oklahoma State. You might be talking about Oregon State, in which case, didn't have the season anyone was expecting. Again, not TCU's fault. And they also dominated a tough Baylor team and held RGIII and the Bears to there lowest scoring game of the season.

I think TCU did what they could with the schedule they had. The defense speaks for itself, minus a few bad games (SMU, San Diego State). I don't care who you play, look at there numbers and it's impressive. It's not like the Mt. West is all shit. Utah has a respectable team and TCU knocked there teeth in on the road. And Air Force (lost to Oklahoma by 3) and San Diego State (lost to Missouri by 3) are no slouches either. Now obviously, Iowa, Michigan State, Penn State, Michigan, etc... are in a whole different class, but it's not like the Big 10 didn't have any cupcakes. (Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue).

I still think Wiscy and TCU is a toss up and it'll be a really good football game.

EDIT: It won't get locked as long as the argument stays civil.

TCU never played Oklahoma State. You might be talking about Oregon State, in which case, didn't have the season anyone was expecting. Again, not TCU's fault. And they also dominated a tough Baylor team and held RGIII and the Bears to there lowest scoring game of the season.

I think TCU did what they could with the schedule they had. The defense speaks for itself, minus a few bad games (SMU, San Diego State). I don't care who you play, look at there numbers and it's impressive. It's not like the Mt. West is all shit. Utah has a respectable team and TCU knocked there teeth in on the road. And Air Force (lost to Oklahoma by 3) and San Diego State (lost to Missouri by 3) are no slouches either. Now obviously, Iowa, Michigan State, Penn State, Michigan, etc... are in a whole different class, but it's not like the Big 10 didn't have any cupcakes. (Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue).

I still think Wiscy and TCU is a toss up and it'll be a really good football game.

EDIT: It won't get locked as long as the argument stays civil.

Yea I meant oregon st, I suppose its just a matter opinion which will be settled come bowl time. ;)

Reply to Thread