? servers

? players online

How small we really are

• Content Count:  143

Yeah these things are always really cool to think about. I took astronomy in my senior year, and it was like a laid back lecture type course. Our teacher basically told us stories and showed what he deemed were the most accurate videos of stuff on History channel.

Warning: Incoming tl;dr

In regards to thinking about aliens, he told us that aliens really can't exist, in the sense that we think of them. I don't remember his exact reasoning, but I think it had something to do with the fact that most matter was simply too hot from the big bang for a long time. He said earth was actually close to the approximate point that life could even start beginning, so aliens couldn't be too much more advanced than us, if at all. He also told us that they would probably be searching for other life, and so they would have probably sent us radio waves or received some of our transmissions and could locate us by that. However, the distances are so great that we wouldn't know for a looooong time if anyone had even received some of the first radio waves humans transmitted.

• Content Count:  2180

kind of reminds me when I play ME2. it is just so fucking crazy to think about everything out there, all those places unexplored....life unseen. missed opportunities.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2186

My mind just cant comprehend the size of the universe..

Like .. It has to be inside something..

I mean, I'm in my chair -> in my apartment -> in my city -> in my country -> in europe -> on earth -> in our solar system -> etc -> etc .. Theres always a container for the previous part.. Like some sort of glass jar around the previous thing, I tend to imagine..

But what the fuck is containing the universe? And what is outside that glass jar containing what we see in those pics? :/

And again, if you can answer that - what is outside of THAT? And so on? D:

• Content Count:  6466

My mind just cant comprehend the size of the universe..

Like .. It has to be inside something..

I mean, I'm in my chair -> in my apartment -> in my city -> in my country -> in europe -> on earth -> in our solar system -> etc -> etc .. Theres always a container for the previous part.. Like some sort of glass jar around the previous thing, I tend to imagine..

But what the fuck is containing the universe? And what is outside that glass jar containing what we see in those pics? :/

And again, if you can answer that - what is outside of THAT? And so on? D:

Reminds me of Men In Black, when the cat has an entire universe on his collar.

Universe inside a universe.

• Content Count:  6712

Reminds me of Men In Black, when the cat has an entire universe on his collar.

Universe inside a universe.

I was thinking of Men In Black, but more like when they open the filing cabinet and have some random things inside....and then some "greater beings" at the end open a cabinet and we're inside it.

Reply to Thread