? servers

? players online

SG's Charity Foundation

• Content Count:  2527

Well I think the group of commity members should be the AO's and BD's to decide who and how. Suri since this is your idea would you like to be the paypal for this program? I dont want to mix charity with the community collections and bills. If we can agree on the source for funds and the group to manage it then all we need is the cause.

• Content Count:  4354

Haggard I agree with keeping this away from your account.

I have no problem doing it through my account, but I need to fix some issues i am having with it first. My wife used our bank account with a old paypal account and that account was locked. And now i am getting the run around from paypal.

But by the time we get this thing nailed down i should have it fixed.

Thank you for every one that has shown interest in this. I think this would be a big blessing to people that call SG home. And if people can only give 5 bucks that still helps. If 5 people give 5 bucks then we would have $25 bucks, and that could buy some one a mic that needs one.

So every buck will help.

So long as there are none of those Africa-charity-type things saying "Just £5 can feed a family in Africa for a week," or "£10 can supply a village with mosquito nets," then I'm happy.

I normally hate charity and my first thought would be that we'd get a huge influx of people applying for admin/trying to become regulars for the freebies, but then I realised that if they buy admin for it then they're giving money anyway, and if they become regulars then they're contributing to the community.

I believe it'll be a Catch 22 situation.

P.S. By hating charity, I mean the way they use intimidation and try and get you to feel sorry for yourself by showing you images of crying children, and other stuff.

Imo, taking those pictures and using them for advertisment is worse than not giving the odd tenner toward Comic Relief, etc.

I know what you are saying. And Blank and I were just talking about this on vent. I don't want this to turn into a freebie type thing. I want this to be something that really helps the people in our community. Now we are not talking about buying large items for people. Well maybe not yet:)

We will have to nail down how we do this. And I rather not some one come and ask for them self. I rather have this done by some one nominating you for it. And then we will look at how many people support that nomination and all the other people that got nominated that month. So I guess we have some work to do to make this happen:)

• Content Count:  876

Okay, this suggestion is very raw. But I think it may be a good starting point.

Maybe we could have a contest on the servers. A player could donate as little as $1 to to be eligible. The contest is to compete for rank on the server. Awards will be given to the top 5 eligible players. Prizes can be anything, but perhaps just awarding them access to supporter skins and reserved slots would be enough to entice people to participate.

This contest can cycle once per month. Rank will be checked on the last day of the month. If we go with the supporter skins, the winners of the contest can use the skins for one month. At the begining of the next month, this whole process resets, thus giving the foundation a constant flow of money.

This will cost SG community very little (if anything) in out of pocket expense. This will encourage people to play, and return, to our servers.

The important thing is that we convey to people that their donation will go to a worthy cause. We, as admins, will need to advertise this contest when we are on the servers. A simple bind in admin chat should work.

Edited by Blank

• Content Count:  6242

Okay, this suggestion is very raw. But I think it may be a good starting point.

Maybe we could have a contest on the servers. A player could donate as little as $1 to to be eligible. The contest is to compete for rank on the server. Awards will be given to the top 5 eligible players. Prizes can be anything, but perhaps just awarding them access to supporter skins and reserved slots would be enough to entice people to participate.

This contest can cycle once per month. Rank will be checked on the last day of the month. If we go with the supporter skins, the winners of the contest can use the skins for one month. At the begining of the next month, this whole process resets, thus giving the foundation a constant flow of money.

This will cost SG community very little (if anything) in out of pocket expense. This will encourage people to play, and return, to our servers.

The important thing is that we convey to people that their donation will go to a worthy cause. We, as admins, will need to advertise this contest when we are on the servers. A simple bind in admin chat should work.

That is a good incentive for people to donate. Nice thinkin' blank!:thumbup: If our collections do rise pretty well then I wouldn't see a problem maybe giving one of those winners something of monatary value that is a small percentage of total donation collected, gives more incentive for more donations. Just an idea!

I think this would be a good start. And the winner getting to wear a winner skin for a month i think is a HUGH pull for people to play. So we will nail down these details.

• Content Count:  3440

I'm for it.. If we can help others that are part of the community and prevent my ears from bleeding at the same time.. Well it's an epic Win!

I'll donate for sure once you've got the particulars worked out.

As far as Havok's comments regarding charity - Well I agree alot of charities are very manipulative and the administrations take huge salaries from donations. On the flip side there are quite a few out there that do a ton of good. One thing I've done in the past is when I am asked for money by someone on the street corner or wherever I will buy them a meal or give them something they need other than cash. That way I know where the money went.

• Content Count:  1802

Just let ao's decide target in their chat or something , make list of those who are ready to open their wallets and when target is chosen people on list will get private messages about target. If target is in list he/she will get fake target.

and by that myanmar thing, they ask for help but don't let helpers on their lands.:sleep:

Reply to Thread