? servers

? players online

Why SG should go from vent to mumble

• Content Count:  2180

ventrilo seems to be able to handle lag a lot better imo, it'll just keep downloading and send the messages eventually (although in a giant bomb) and on the other hand, mumble seems to cut the mic so you hear absolutely NOTHING when you lag, because it's trying to compensate.

• Content Count:  2553

People are too scared of change :(

People aren't scared of change, we are worried about the immediate and long-term effects of making a big server/provider change.

• Content Count:  2504

Just personally, I'm used to Ventrilo because I've used it for about 3 years or so and as of now, I'm familiar with it. Not that switching to Mumble is a bad thing, and same with Teamspeak 3 for that matter. It has been brought up several times to make switches to Mumble or TS3, but none of the suggestions were ever really applied. People are going to bitch regardless, there's no sure-fire way to stop that. Not everybody is going to be happy with Ventrilo, not everybody's going to be happy with Mumble.

Also the BD's would have to set up all new user accounts for all the members :/

Just my two cents.

• Content Count:  2686

I have used Mumble for two years now and I have no wish to go back to Ventrilo. Loving the sound quality and low latency, the ingame customizable hud is pretty cool too and the positional audio in CSS is an interesting addition. Mumble > Ventrilo ;)

• Like 1

Reply to Thread