? servers

? players online

Tournaments!

• Content Count:  4550

Well it's taken a while to get this implemented but I finally got it up. There is now a ladder/league/tournament link up at the top of the forum called 'tourneys' for you to join. The first tournament at the moment is a League of Legends one, simply because it's a nice relaxed first tournament for me to see how it all works, and since there are quite a lot of sg members who like it. There is also a ladder linked to the LoL tournament which monitors elo, xp, wins, etc. It's not necessary but it's nice to add. The league is more of a test thing at the moment, but you can join if you like. Later on in time, I will add an SGSL tournament and stuff. All of these will win you real prizes btw. I will decide this later on though.

Anyway you may be wondering how it all works, so I'll explain some of it.

First thing the link you want to click is shown at the top of the forums, also shown here:

tourney1.jpg

Once that is clicked, you should see this:

tourney2.jpg

Some of the options at the side won't be seen by you, as there are some specific admin options on there.

Anyway first thing you wanna do is join the League of Legends ladder first, as this is already started. Once joined, you will then wanna join the League of Legends 1v1 tournament, and that will start once the 32 slots have been filled. The League of Legends ladder is also linked to the tournament, so when you win the tournament, 50 elo will be added to you. I will also manually add 10 elo for each win u get, but you will get 0 for a loss. You can post comments on the tournament to say the score perhaps. Either way you will need to let a higher up know so it can edited.

Shown here is where you can comment:

tourney3.jpg

That's pretty much all you need to know. You can join the league too if you like. :)

Some other things, you can create a team by selecting the "New Team" at the side, add a logo, invite members etc. The leader of a team are the only people who can join a team tournament though.

So, you may be wondering also though, what is League of Legends? How do I play it? Where can I download it? Here's a bit of a guide for that too.

title.jpg

League of Legends is a great FREE game that simply needs an account to play. If you are new then you will be at a disadvantage for the tournament but you can still play. You can download the game here: League of Legends - Free Online Game | LoL - League of Legends

You may have noticed that there is also a Europe version. Make sure you DO NOT download this version. You cannot play with NA people on the EU client.

What League of Legends is, is fairly simple. The aim of either the 3 v 3 or 5 v 5 is to destory towers, push onwards to the enemies base, destroy inhibitors and finally to win, destroy their nexus. You along the way kill the enemy champions, earn gold from several things, buy items to increase your stats and level up to level 18. Ofcourse, the enemy is trying to do the same to you. Your summoner (you) can level up to 30 for winning/losing games. You get exp. In one LoL game, you champion can level up to 18, and all champions will have 4 skills bound to Q, W, E AND R. Additionally you have 2 spells bound to D and F, and later on rune pages and extra masteries. It is advisable to play the tutorial first before starting a normal game. You can also hop onto vent and play with some lvl 30s to get yourself up to speed on how to play and also the details of how this tournament works. Anything else to say would be over complicating it.

So, any problems, questions, suggestions, give them a whirl and I'll do my best to notice them.

Thank you all.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  833

Someone should do a sc2 tourny, I'd do it but I'm lazy.

Im sure a lot of people would be willing to help. I'm up for it just don't want to be alone.

Would be nice if we could get some commentary from someone that knows how to play.

• Content Count:  250

Im sure a lot of people would be willing to help. I'm up for it just don't want to be alone.

Would be nice if we could get some commentary from someone that knows how to play.

Never done a tourny but i have 200+ league wins and know a bunch.

Reply to Thread