? servers

? players online

BF3 64-slot servers. Nope.

• Content Count:  2942

I thought Beta started when MOH was released? (October)

Well BF3 releases on the 25th of October so I'd assume that they would have beta before the release of the game a month or a few weeks in advance.

The thing is though, if we do manage to attract a full 64 slot server, the donations that come in will probably pay for the server itself, and the chances that we will get a full server are higher if we start early. If we don't which is HIGHLY unlikely, we can always downgrade to 32 or whatever the hell people want. Keep in mind that SG is one of the larger gaming communities out on the interwebz, so people from smaller communities which can't afford the 64 slot server may migrate to ours.

(THOUGH I REALLY CANT SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE I'VE ONLY DONATED $1 TOTAL)

• Content Count:  2167

The thing is though, if we do manage to attract a full 64 slot server, the donations that come in will probably pay for the server itself, and the chances that we will get a full server are higher if we start early. If we don't which is HIGHLY unlikely, we can always downgrade to 32 or whatever the hell people want. Keep in mind that SG is one of the larger gaming communities out on the interwebz, so people from smaller communities which can't afford the 64 slot server may migrate to ours.

(THOUGH I REALLY CANT SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE I'VE ONLY DONATED $1 TOTAL)

the problem is that we are big but BF3 isn't remotely appealing to our demographic. our demographic is zombie mod/escape players and minigames. i think people neglect that the regulars on the forums are a minority considering there are countless more people that regularly join the server without getting involved in SG's forums

• Content Count:  445

the problem is that we are big but BF3 isn't remotely appealing to our demographic. our demographic is zombie mod/escape players and minigames. i think people neglect that the regulars on the forums are a minority considering there are countless more people that regularly join the server without getting involved in SG's forums

True but you also have to remember that even though we are a minority, the people on the forums won't be the only people playing the server. I think it just being a 64-man server alone will attract a bunch of new people half(at least) of which will bother to check out the community and get involved. Of course that's just my opinion. It could possibly go the other way. I think it's a chance SG can afford to take though.

Reply to Thread