? servers

? players online

Xbox LIVE Windows 8 gamers can play against PC, WP7 and Xbox

• Content Count:  1070

Ew, console gamers. Just because they make people money doesnt mean I have to like them. The reason they make more money is because all the retarded kids who cant figure out (or think its stupid) how to play on a computer play it. I hate the majority of the xbox live gamers.

I'm sure the average age of a console gamer is higher than the average computer gamer. Of course I'm just thinking through this logically, without any real sources because I'm too lazy to look. Anyways, the fact that those "retarded kids" can't figure out how to play will also apply to adults who game, who are much more computer illiterate than today's "kids". So it would make sense that the average age of a console gamer would be higher because of the larger number of adults who play video games are more likely to use a console (even my grandma plays Wii :S). And yes adults do play video games, noted by the fact that the average gamer is 37 years old and has been playing for 12 years. Eighty-two percent of gamers are 18 years of age or older (A Nielsen gamer study from 2005).

If anything console gamers should be raging at the kids who play PC games.

• Content Count:  5381

Ew, console gamers. Just because they make people money doesnt mean I have to like them. The reason they make more money is because all the retarded kids who cant figure out (or think its stupid) how to play on a computer play it. I hate the majority of the xbox live gamers.

I hope your primary language isn't English.

Why would I want to drop $500 into my computer every 2-3 years just to play a new game when I can have a console with the same specs as everyone else who has the same console as me for the better part of 5-6 years at the cost of ~$300.

• Content Count:  3343

I hope your primary language isn't English.

Why would I want to drop $500 into my computer every 2-3 years just to play a new game when I can have a console with the same specs as everyone else who has the same console as me for the better part of 5-6 years at the cost of ~$300.

I haven't even touched anything inside my PC for almost 4 years and I run everything on either high or max. What do you do, buy brand name computers instead of building them yourself? That is most likely your problem.

Also getting them on PC is always good for testing out games. On consoles, tough shit, better hope a friend already bought it or a demo is out, even though the demo will probably not even be how the game really is and only shows you the very best parts. On PC? Torrent the game, if you think the game is good, buy it, if its not, uninstall. That or trust reviewers, even though most of the time its very misleading.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  5381

I haven't even touched anything inside my PC for almost 4 years and I run everything on either high or max. What do you do, buy brand name computers instead of building them yourself? That is most likely your problem.

Also getting them on PC is always good for testing out games. On consoles, tough shit, better hope a friend already bought it or a demo is out, even though the demo will probably not even be how the game really is and only shows you the very best parts. On PC? Torrent the game, if you think the game is good, buy it, if its not, uninstall. That or trust reviewers, even though most of the time its very misleading.

No, but it's still not very cost effective for a broke college student.

• Content Count:  716

I haven't updated my PC in ages and it still runs every game there is on max settings. Sure PCs can be more costly, but like Psyche said, build it yourself. PC games are more entertaining, console games are pretty much all the same thing.

• Content Count:  720

Paying $60 for every new game that's released in addition to monthly fees for Xbox Live isn't very cost effective.

Who cares about money when you have awesome Video Games..

L2havemoney

• Content Count:  1116

It is when you don't buy every game on the market.

So instead of addressing my statement, you intentionally (I hope) misinterpret it?

The amount of money you save via cheaper game prices (and even FREE games) more than makes up for the initial price of a gaming PC.

For example, ~2 months ago I pre-ordered Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $28 (normal price being $50 for the PC version) and received a $5 credit towards a future purchase. If I pre-ordered the console version (even on Amazon who generally have good deals) it would've cost me $55.

Reply to Thread